Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to the person who has two OSS's for $950 (he dropped the price 50 bucks). That is the price he has in them. He is selling so he can buy tires for his truck. What do you think about that price? If I bought them would anyone want to buy the 9mm ss it is unfired?

·
Registered
37,347 Posts
Well what something is worth really depends on how bad someone wants it!
Now as you asked.
NO i wouldn't pay 950 bucks for two 24/7 OSS D/S that are used weapons, and regardless of being fired or unfired they are used weapons.
Here used 24/7 OSS in good shape (some can't even be told they have ever been fired) are in the 375 -425 range.
Now don't hink i am a taurus basher because actually i own three 24/7 Pro D/S , one of which is a 24/7 OSS D/S Tactical, but lets be honest a taurus is simply not ever going to be worth the same as a Colt, Ruger, S & W in the used gun market and likely never to be a collectors item due to the mass number of them produced.
The OSS is a fine shooter but its not a collector gun, just my 2 cents here!---:r_c:

Reactions: VS762

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
That is a good price for three. It is a little less than what I paid for my one new and two used OSS guns.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
In my opinion, an out of production gun is worth what you want to pay for it. I've owned several OSS pistols and they were all great, but I bought them when they were being closed out. Nowadays, Taurus guns are hard to find new, much less used. In the last year, I have seen maybe 3 OSS guns come up for sale on the used forums I frequent. Gunbroker, etc. can be a crap-shoot whether or not the seller is reputable and the gun is as described. If the seller of these guns is local, there is some value in being able to inspect before you buy. The price is pretty steep but only you can determine if you want to throw that much into a used purchase. Understand you will not likely get that back out of it if you decide to sell, but I usually don't let that bother me. Good luck in your decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts