Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well everytime I look at Fobus I find that the site has more fits than actually show for a model of a gun. SP11B as you found is listed for many of the semi auto's, not just Taurus. So if you look at the gun types listed that it fits, and you find that other holsters fit your gun. Simple if you want to try other models of their holsters. If you order direct, you only have to pay postage to return it if it does not work. And they do not charge shipping.
The HK1 does not list for the Pro series guns. However, (9mm/.40/.45 cal) Millenium PRO model RU97 does list for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thunderjohn said:
The SP11B will fit all the Millennium Pro models. It also fits SA-XD's.
Would that be the compact XD or the sub-compact that fits the SP11B??

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
RJT CCW said:
Would that be the compact XD or the sub-compact that fits the SP11B??
It fits the sub-compacts perfectly. The service model XD's front end will protrude an inch from the holster.

·
Registered
723 Posts
bdevel73 May I ask you how long it took after ordering until your holster arrived? I guess I left mine at the range I was the only one on the pistol range at that time, shooting from a couple of spaces, got done and loaded up my gear in my poke bag and left my dadblame holster. Sometimes I do wonder about myself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just ordered a SP11B from ebay! $20 shipped. This should be great as I have both a SA-XD-SC 9mm and a PT145 Pro. :) I plan to get a Crossbreed Supertuck once my CCW goes through, but until then, I think this will work just fine.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Buy one to fit that gun, not a fit all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What do you mean? The SP11B fits both? I own both and they are almost identical in size and dimensions. From what I understand it is just a matter of tightening or loosening the adjustment on the plastic part.

Either way, this will be my holster for the XD once I get my CCW and purchase a supertuck for my PT145.

·
Registered
65 Posts
OK, I got my Fobus tonight. The PT145 PRO (3rd gen with light rail) fits kind of. When it is in, the rails dig into the inner indention areas that the rails are supposed to go under. Does that make sense?

I put my Springfield XD-SC 9mm in it and it fits like a glove. It's obvious this holster was made for the XD.

It is REALLY TIGHT though. Tight enough that it takes two hands to remove and I am straining to remove it. I'm thinking I just need some practice quickly unholstering.

One thing this holster is not is concealed. Maybe with a jacket or something but I think it would do fine for a hunting holster.

·
Registered
567 Posts
So which one is correct for a PT111? The RU97 or SP11B? Going to the gun show this weekend to look for holsters.

·
15,931 Posts
I have the SP11B, but I have heard the other is actually a fit. Hard to say unless you can try the gun in it. I know, when I bought direct from Fobus, it only cost me $1.41 to return it and exchange for another model.

·
Registered
65 Posts
rwcreigh said:
I have a SP11b and it fits my pt111 pt145 and 24/7 like a glove.
Hmmm, what gen is your PT145 Pro? If I look from the bottom with the PT145 holstered, there are little outcroppings from the holster that are supposed to line up with the indentions on the rail of the 45. Instead, those bumps dig in above the indentions.

Anyway, my XD fits 100% exact like they made the mold using an XD.

I'm not sure if this is even the holster I will use for my XD though. It is still really tight and I don't know if I want a holster that you HAVE to have a really fast, snappy drawing motion to get it out. In a perfect scenario that should be fine, but what if you are in a situation where you need to draw slowly (decreasing movement) or what if you can't get to it with your shooting hand? If you are in a situation where you need to use your weak hand to reach around the back and get the gun out, it would be impossible with how tight mine is.

·
15,931 Posts
You do know that the sp11b, has a tension screw that can be adjusted to change the hold. For carry, I keep it tight!! For taking training, I loosen it up so I can draw easily.

I hope I never have an injured or occupied right hand, because that is a tough draw with the Fobus. Imagine it with a BlackHawk with the push button release.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, I just realized that last night. DUH!! I feel like an idiot. I had read the directions/manual that came with it. It STRESSED the point NOT to adjust anything and that if you have problems to send it back to FOBUS. It wasn't until last night that I noticed on the ouside of the bag it came in said in small letters "with adjustable tension screw".

Sooo, I will try it again and see how it works loosened up a bit. I still think I will just use this for the XD during hunting cause I think it will be fine for that. It doesn't conceal nearly as much as I thought it would, so I will go ahead and order a Supertuck when/if I am approved for my CCW.

Makes sense to loosen it up for training.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts