Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own and Taurus PT 24/7 Pro DS .40
Am interested in getting into IDPA so I am obtaining the few items that I will need to particupate.
Concealed Holdster is one of the items that I purchased today. The Fobus TA247.
The 24/7 really nice. It's a rigid paddle holdster.
Has a screw apparently to adjust the tightness of the grip on the firearm when in the holdster.
It clicks onto the trigger cover.
I've adjusted the screw out about as far as it goes and am still having some difficulty drawing the gun without putting my other hand on the holdster to get it to unclick. I can do it without my other hand but it's not pretty.
I'm looking for any tips or tricks to modify so that it still stays firmly in the holdster but can easily be drawn with one hand.
I hesitate to start doing something like filing down the plastic part that catches on the trigger guard but that is the only thing that comes to mind.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I like this product alot with this one slight problem.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have a fobus for my pt92. When I first got it I backed the tension screw darn near all the way out and it was still a pretty tight fit, I was experiencing the two handed removal technique you were/are. My solution: holster in hand with weapon in other hand, holster and re-holster multiple multiple times. My finish suffered some, but it's a tool not a mantle piece.

Retention is still tight, but I can easily draw with one hand now.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
"...it's a tool not a mantle piece."

This, coming from one America's finest young men who served the U.S. Army in Afghanistan, is an absolutely PRICELESS remark!

Salute!

Reactions: Shokr21

·
Registered
548 Posts
Your best bet would be pick up either an Itac or Blackhawk Serpa with a push button release. The fit is much nicer and you will have flawless draws everytime with no worries of hanging up. Itac also makes a very nice paddle mag pouch. Here links to both,

Holster,
TAURUS FACTORY KYDEX HOLSTER FOR THE PT-24/7 PISTOLS | eBayag pouch,
TAURUS 24/7 FACTORY DUAL MAGAZINE POUCH 24 7 ROTO SWIVEL MAG POUCH | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try ShokR21's method "holster and re-holster multiple multiple times."
I'm more concerned about functionality than minor wear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ok, it was just a thought. Most comp shooter dont use Fobus style holsters for the reason you mentioned is why I suggested the Itac of Blackhawks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts