Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

Any of you ever had any experience with the Fobus Double Mag Pouch, either belt or paddle versions? I'm looking at options to carry two 19 mags with my Glock 26, and was wondering if anyone had any input on comfort, retention, concealability (how high or low it rides and would an untucked t-shirt cover it), etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I have the paddle version that I use for IDPA. I have not used it for concealed carry so can't address that side of it. It has worked just fine for IDPA, comfortable and has not failed as yet. I carry 2 17 round Beretta mags in it...well actually they are loaded to 10 rounds for IDPA.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have a few of those; 1911, PT145, Ruger P93 sizes.

All are paddle mag pouches. The tension is adjustable, and none have ever fallen out of the open topped pouch. They sit fairly low, and may not be fully concealed by an untucked shirt.

CDNN has another brand of Israeli made mag pouches that are great quality and 1/2 the price of Fobus.

ISRAELI TACTICAL MAG POUCHES - Sold by Target Sports

ISRAELI TACTICAL MAG POUCHES - Sold by Target Sports
Worlds Best Mag Pouch Now Sale Priced SAVE 40%
Fully Adjustable For Cant
Easy and Comfortable Paddle Design
The Best Fit In The Industry
Space Age Polymer Construction
Limited Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Used By Elite Israeli Military & Police Units

Wide Body Double Stack Israeli Tactical Black Mag Pouch NewItem# M2040POUCH
$6.99

Product Description:Brand New • Israeli Tactical Paddle Mag Pouch • Durable Black Polymer Construction • Comfortable Contoured Fit • Tension Adjustable • Fully Adjustable for Cant by Using the Allen Wrench Key, Included • They Rotate 360º and can be Adapted Easily for Crossdraw, Bodyguard or Driver • Light Weight • Combat Proven • No Stitching • Sold by Target Sports

Fits The Following Double Stack Pistol Mags:
Beretta PX4 9mm/40s&w
Hk P30 9mm
Hk USP 9mm/40s&w Compact
Ruger SR9 9mm
Ruger SR40 40s&w
Sig 250 9mm/40s&w
Sig 229 357Sig/40s&w
Springfield XDm
S&W M&P 9mm/40s&w
S&W Sigma 40s&w
Steyr M 9mm/40s&w
Taurus 24/7 40s&w

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I have the Fobus and the Itac mag holders and they are sweet. Just bought a Blade Tech double mag pouch for my FNS 40. It is nice as well. Had to buy that because the other double stack, double mag holsters were deeply scratched by the catch notch on the magazine (FNH has an unusual magazine setup). The Blade Tech pouch is configured to overcome that.

As to concealability, my experience is that they are better worn under a heavy garment that masks the bulges. A long, loose-fitting patterned shirt will also work but you are pushing the limit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts