Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CaptainMorgan did a write up on the BlackHawk 24/7 holster that fit the PT809 and I thought I might buy that.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/pt92-other-taurus-pistols/85061-pt809-holster-review-pictures.html

I went to Academy to spend my Christmas gift card and I was checking out the selection. They had the BlackHawk and they also had the Fobus for the 24/7 too. That got me to thinking that if the BlackHawk 24/7 fit the 809 the Fobus may also and the Fobus was half the price so I bought that and did a spot fit in the parking lot. It fit!

(holly smokes, I can see my toes! :))

It's inside the waist band paddle holster with the main part of the holster and gun on the outside. The paddle part that touches your body is covered in a "leather" and is very comfortable for on skin contact.

Thanks CaptainMorgan for helping me make the connection.

Reactions: jwc007 and darbo

·
Registered
40 Posts
This holster does NOT fit the 809 100% right out of the box, but can be made to do so.

The problem is that the raised slots for the rail extend past where the 809 rail dentents are, which does not allow the retention system to properly click into place.

Simply take a sharp sharp sharp knife and cut slits about 1/4" back, then take the knife and cut the excess off. (picture 1 and 2)

Next, loosen the retention screw alot, or take it out. either will work.

then push the pistol into place until you hear a click, it is TIGHT.

notice picture 3 how much further into the holster it is than the OP's

I found the best way to draw the pistol was to place my thumb on the top of the paddle and kinda "squeeze tug" the pistol out, i can present it with little effort.

I had the blackhawk serpa 2 for the 24/7 oss but it was too big, also with my small frame (5'11" 125lb) the paddle was huge and was uncomfortable. This holster is MUCH better in the comfort department and no one is going to take it off of me.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't busted out the dremel yet but I figured that was what I had to do. Thanks. How much did you trim out?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This holster does NOT fit the 809 100% right out of the box, but can be made to do so.

The problem is that the raised slots for the rail extend past where the 809 rail dentents are, which does not allow the retention system to properly click into place.

Simply take a sharp sharp sharp knife and cut slits about 1/4" back, then take the knife and cut the excess off. (picture 1 and 2)

I found the best way to draw the pistol was to place my thumb on the top of the paddle and kinda "squeeze tug" the pistol out, i can present it with little effort.

I had the blackhawk serpa 2 for the 24/7 oss but it was too big, also with my small frame (5'11" 125lb) the paddle was huge and was uncomfortable. This holster is MUCH better in the comfort department and no one is going to take it off of me.

Hope this helps

I guess this will be perfect for my frame; 6'1" 274. Thanks for the cutting directions. :)

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for these instructions. I bought one of these at academy for like 25 bucks and thought it will work its the same as my PT845.....then it wouldnt click in.....:( i started googling before i took it back and stumbled upon your how to.....so i got out the trusty old Stanley No.199 Fixed razor blade and went to work.....took a good 20 minutes of finagling my fat fingers around in there but alas with my sisters help (smaller hands) we did it.....Man that click was so satisfying when it went right in with no problems whatsoever!!!!! All thanks to you.....you saved me another trip to academy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts