Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an fnp .40 about three weeks ago and got it to the range last week and today. I am not really impressed with it so far but it is probably just that it is still new. I have 200 rounds thru it so far. The first 50 I can't recall much about but the next 100 was Monarch from Academy let me know that I should not be too cheap anymore. FTL, FTE, stovepipes, and the slide locked back one time that I can remember. All in all really crappy ammo and I will run from it next time. The last 50 was Remington bulk pack and it was flawless not one hiccup. Not grouping very good but I was so excited that the gun was working I really didn't notice. I will give it some more range time soon and try to get better with it.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congrats on your new FNP.

·
Registered
29,944 Posts
The FNP is a good set up, but I'm just not a big fan of the .40 caliber.

I prefer the 9mm for medium caliber apps & the .45 ACP for everything else. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
How do you like the grip? I hear that they are on the larger side and some people don't like it for that! Congrats on the pistol!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the FN! I held one and it just didnt feel right for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have medium sized hands and the grip feels pretty good to me. It has the bigger backstrap in it now and it works for me. I have to get some more practice in with this one for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Excellent Pistol, never a failure in mine and just as accurate as my Sigs, i put on some night sights when CTD had them on sale a while back. Very nice gun, its my house gun thats how much confidence i have in it.

If one likes Sigs and HK's they will like the FNp as the grip angle and bore line is about the same .

Continue to use quality ammo in it and it will surprise you. Mine shoots Winchester Ranger 165 grn. the best.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The FNP-9 is my current full-size carry pistol.

Initially, I experienced stove pipes with lower powered handloads, but never with hotter handloads, or PD factory ammo. The heavy recoil spring was responsible for this annoyance, which corrected itself after firing a few hundred rounds of hotter ammo.

To me, the FNP-9 is the perfect full-size carry pistol. :smile:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have one in 9mm with EFK barrel and still trying to like it... it looks GREAT and feels alright in my hand. But I also get an odd FTF every box and my primers look a bit flat :/. I only shot 300 rounds so far so hopefully it's just a brake in period (never really believed in it tho - IMO reliable gun should be good from the get go) and that will stop, but it it doesn't figure itself out I wont be keeping it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts