Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there multiple companies making flush-fitting mag floor plates for the Taurus Millennium G2 PT 111.

Just Googling it, it seems confusing...

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just ground mine down almost flat (one of them) on the bench grinder, and finished it off with a fine file. Looks like factory! Easy job.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
I just took the "hook" off the end of one of mine to help it conceal better under a shirt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know someone made some flush fitting plate originally, but I believe they were made of plastic and if the mad was dropped, that plate could break. Those plates were $4.00 and $1.00 shipping. There is a company making nylon plates which supposedly do not break if dropped, but they are 10 bucks each...

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
I know someone made some flush fitting plate originally, but I believe they were made of plastic and if the mad was dropped, that plate could break. Those plates were $4.00 and $1.00 shipping. There is a company making nylon plates which supposedly do not break if dropped, but they are 10 bucks each...
That's close to half the price of a new mag on sale. I would grind on one of the OEM bases and stop when you like the look. They finish well with a fine sandpaper. and that's free. If you were going to purchase one anyway, then you can go ahead with that plan if you don't like the one that you shortened. Like I said, just taking the "point" that projects forward did it for me and didn't shorten the grip at all. Others have grond off the ridges until flat with the main base body.

Reactions: Whittsailor

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
Looks pretty slick! How do you like it? That's the bottom line! ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My pinky gets half-way on the magazine plate and when I wrap my non-shooting hand around, its a secure grip. I don't have hanging pinky.

I pocket carry a Rohrbaugh R9, which IMO is a pocket pistol. For years Glock fan boys claimed that the Glock 26 was a pocket pistol, and I didn't agree. I think the Taurus Millennium G2 PT 111 / G2c is like that - too big for pocket carry, it is a tight fit for a pocket, doesn't come out of the pocket quickly or easily, and it prints pretty obviously, but with the flush mag plate, it is doable for a quick run to the store or something, if no other smaller pistol is available.

With the pinky extension magazine it is even harder to get into and out of a pocket, so I wanted one flush-fitting mag.

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
My pinky gets half-way on the magazine plate and when I wrap my non-shooting hand around, its a secure grip. I don't have hanging pinky.

I pocket carry a Rohrbaugh R9, which IMO is a pocket pistol. For years Glock fan boys claimed that the Glock 26 was a pocket pistol, and I didn't agree. I think the Taurus Millennium G2 PT 111 / G2c is like that - too big for pocket carry, it is a tight fit for a pocket, doesn't come out of the pocket quickly or easily, and it prints pretty obviously, but with the flush mag plate, it is doable for a quick run to the store or something, if no other smaller pistol is available.

With the pinky extension magazine it is even harder to get into and out of a pocket, so I wanted one flush-fitting mag.
Like I said before, taking off that little bit of the point, or more like you did seems to allow the pistol to hide better under a shirt or jacket with less chance of printing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts