Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's done one on their Taurus? I know it's a term more commonly mated with Kel-Tecs, but I'm curious as to who's attempted one on their Taurus. Did it make any difference? What areas did you polish?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I polished the feed ramp and wire brushed off the slide rails. Had a few FTFs on my 92 and the slide rails well the bluing was wearing off from the motion of the slide anyway, I guess I was bored and helped it along a little, both were done by hand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all! I have been reading these forums in anticipation of getting a PT145. I have seen buffing mentioned and was wondering can this be done using a dremel and the soft white attachment's? If not how can it be done. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
It took a little longer to do it by hand, I've always heard that dremels and feed ramps make for bad juju if someone doesn't watch it. I'm left handed and my right hand wasn't very steady when I did it. (Left was in a cast at the time)

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Corey said:
Why would you need to polish the feed ramp on the pt145. Im just curiouse is all. Mine came new with a very nice polish allready done to it. Is this not normal for these guys,
There were no visible imperfections on my feed ramp, but it seemed most, if not all, of my FTF's were getting caught on the bottom part of the feed ramp. So, I decided to try and smooth it out a little to see if it helped, which it did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.