·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I guess Glocks are human also.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am not going to dance on anyone's grave. I would only say that ALL mechanical devices are subject to failure. Mercedes mechanics make pretty good money, don't they?

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Prolly Glock clones made in China cause we all know that Glock makes perfect guns. At least that is what the Glock snobs tell us. LOL

·
Registered
24,850 Posts
There are any number of reasons the firing pin could fail. Let Glock and the ammunition makers work on the problem and get it solved. One of the possibilities could be improper heat treatment. Another could be in the casting itself. I do not see the ammunition as a potential for failure. If that were the case, this would not be a Glock only issue. All that being said, I am not a Glock owner but I believe that this problem will be solved in short order and we will never know what it was.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Can't be true, Glocks are perfect all the time. Just go to the Glock forum and ask!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
i have heard of this complaint on another forum but they said glock blamed it on user created problem this happened when went to mim parts and a lot of people bashed glock for that now i guess there is some issues with the mimmed parts after all.

jhp

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I guess they could throw them at the perps or use them as wheel chocks..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Didn't read the article but if they are like the LEO's I know of (as told by LEO buddies), they have some of the worst gun maintenance regimen's ever. I know of more than a few whose mags RUSTED in place and had to be fired empty and removed with pliers/hammer at the training range. Don't get me wrong, many LEO's are meticulous while others are less so.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
If you have heard me say this before, disregard. When I was going through the Police Academy, we were the first class to be issued Glocks (previous duty weapon was the Beretta 96). We had our choice of either a G22 or 23. Anyway, the first two days at the range, the armorer had to have ran a marathon going back and forth tweaking weapons. Granted we didnt have too many failure to feed issues, but there were other issues. So when I hear people bash Taurus for Glocks I just laugh and ask them to back it up. I do EDC a Glock 19 because its the perfect size and I can buy them for about the same as I can a Taurus (which needs a first responder program ASAP). But when its cold, PT1911 all day everyday and I trust that gun with my life. In my car, a PT845. My wife EDC is a snub ultra light Taurus. To sum it up Glocks are great handguns, but they arent perfect. Several LEOs I know switched to M&Ps or XDs.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
:D Must have been the Taurus made Glocks! :D :D :D

Reactions: darbo and rodfair

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
My first thought is "when did it occur....." Only hope it wasn't the wrong time. I won't knock another brand, particularly when someone carries daily, and their life depends on it (LEO). I have my personal preferences, which are Taurus and SA. That's all that I own. Just hope that it was found at the range is all I am saying.

Reactions: Lance0812
1 - 13 of 13 Posts