Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this country becoming...
I suggest that these little .... thugs be turned over to this Marine and his unit for punishment. I am sure they could TEACH these little ... the lessons they failed to learn at home. I shutter to think what if the fiancee had meet these gangsters. He kept his cool and used his training to survive the attack. Glad the LEO's caught them, now will the court system do their job.?

""A U.S. Marine veteran is recovering from a Craigslist transaction gone bad in which he was shot and then forced to plug the wounds with this fingers, benefiting from a military background that police say possibly saved his life. ""

Florida Marine Veteran Shot in Craigslist Robbery Used Fingers to Plug Bullet Wounds - Yahoo! News

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I just read this and you beat me to the post. Again it seems as if there is no value on a humans life by this type of thugs. I am glad that this guy and his kids are alright. Just be cautious wherever you are at and be ready to leave at a moments notice.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I'm glad the Col is ok!

Attacking a Marine aint the smartest thing to do....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Such a shame. I guess I'm just as guilty posting stuff on CL. I insist on meeting in public and if they sound even slightly shady I'll pass on the deal. I am also armed during all transactions also

·
Registered
27,170 Posts
Since he wasn't expecting to be shot, he let his guard down. As soon as the meet turned out to be not as expected, he should have aborted.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
I'm glad to know the vet is alive and these idiots got caught. Craigslist has always been a breeding ground for the lowest levels of humanity to prey on others, and things like this happen far too often. I hope those 3 get an extra special welcome in prison.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sorry this crap keeps happening, I hope the Marine and his family are doing well and that the bad guys are doing very poorly in prison.

This could be a learning lesson, like MadKaw said, when the meeting location turned out to not be a safe public area but an apartment complex the little voice went off in the Marines head but he did not listen because he was in the "safety of his hometown not Iraq or Afghanistan", he should have went home instead of proceed with the sale.

We all have the little voice or weird feeling and if we are smart we will listen to it.

I am not second guessing or passing judgement on the victim, I ignored my little voice a few times and got lucky, I do not ignore it anymore.
We always need to be on guard and there is no such thing as "the safety of home or the safety of your hometown", bad people are everywhere and willing to kill you for some of your pocket change.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
"I put my finger in the bullet holes, the big ones, and then I ran back to the car and I made sure the kids were OK and I told them, 'Listen, Dad's been shot. There's an ambulance already on the way,'" Trenker said.

I wish I was at least half as badass as that guy.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
I'm so glad the Colonel is going to recover from his wounds. As for the little dip sticks that shot him, they will do a lot of time. Florida has a Mandatory sentencing law for people that use guns to commit crimes. These guys will get a mandatory 25 to Life for just the gun charge and it will run consecutively with whatever else they are charged with and convicted on. The get no parole either.

Florida 10-20-LIFE -- Mandatory Minimum Prison Sentences

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
A good friend of mine lost a friend in a fake CL deal a few months ago. My wife was looking at cars on CL and we went to look at a couple. I am very leary about meeting anyone selling things CL. Lets put it this way, I always go armed and with a heightened sense of awareness.

·
10,379 Posts
"I put my finger in the bullet holes, the big ones, and then I ran back to the car and I made sure the kids were OK and I told them, 'Listen, Dad's been shot. There's an ambulance already on the way,'" Trenker said.

I wish I was at least half as badass as that guy.
Almost exactly what I thought. There is just no way if I was shot multiple times would I ever be that calm and collected (mutiple hell, just shoot *at* me and I'll probably be a basket case afterwards).

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ooorahhh!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Dang...this could have really turned out bad seeing as how the four kids were in the car! I'm glad they did not have to witness their father's shooting.

I learned a lesson from this man's experience: I'll never do a face-to-face transaction with somebody I've never met.

·
Registered
31,761 Posts
And for you Nimrods out there who believe in shooting one time and ending the fight, don't shoot a Marine! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
19,679 Posts
Looks like the third suspect who was caught carrying a gun and marijuana is already out of custody. WTF???

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
Prayers sent to a real Man and I hope that the BG's get all thats coming to them.!!!!!!! Beware the times are tough and the punks are young don't let your guard down.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
My wife and I saw this gentleman on Fox News this morning. He went instead of his wife because he didn't want her to go alone. He said the punks were surprised when he showed up instead of her, which says it was a setup. Praise God he survived and is healing. I hope the courts bury those punks in a stinky hole for a very long time.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Prayers to the marine and death to the perps. F*** Cragslists! I will pay more at a retail location than a online garage sale. And yes either way I'm packing heat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts