Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We very seldom go to them, but it is such a nice day, we took a trip to Myrtle Beach and one of the bigger Flea Markets.
I found a few things.
SN850339.JPG SN850338.JPG

Air Force T and a ballcap, and a couple bumper stickers for the pickup.
I stuck those to a magnetic strip to attach to the truck so I don't have to peel them off and screw up the paint.

We also stopped by Best Buy and got a 23" HP LED monitor for the computer Wolf1477 sent us.
Which is running quite well on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Anybody find some neat or cool stuff at Flea Markets?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I haven't for a long time. Sadly, most of the Flea Markets around here are "professional", and are filled with Chinese junk, or the prices are a bit out of line. I used to see some good ones in Arizona, and I am sure that they have some great ones in Texas.

·
Super Moderator
40,403 Posts
When I lived in Ohio prior to 1992 I used to hit the flea markets as often as I could. All kinds of great deals to be had. When I moved to Florida in 92 that was the end of my flea market days. The few that are around are just regular vendors selling goods. Florida Sales Tax rules make it real hard to have a true flea market.

·
Super Moderator
35,541 Posts

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Until about 10 years or longer ago, we used to shop flea markets. I was always looking for tools, and then I discovered Harbor Freight! Flea Markets were always a cheap form of entertainment. My favorite was in Amarillo on the East Part of town near I 40. Since I no longer go there, my itching has stopped.

One time, before I die, I want to go to the one at Canton, TX.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I used to go to the one just north of Sn Antonio. No longer worth the trip.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The US1 Flea Market in Columbia, SC his huge and has some good stuff. I shop there for motorcycle acccessories. I shop at the market near Surfside, SC for golf stuff.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The wife and I used to hit a lot of these and garage sales when we lived in Iowa, but since moving to Minnesota we have not hit that many of them. We do try to make the 40 mile Highway 38 garage sale in the fall every year.

The wife and I both keep our eyes open for Scotty and Westie items and I look for smoking items especially lighters and key chains and and special keys. I found 3 GM keys from the 50's and 60's with the Mobil "Flying Horse" on the head and a ford key from the same era which is designed so that you can cut it to use, and also wear it as a tie clip supposedly they were only given out to exceptionaly high producing salesmen?

I have found three different styles of "crate hammers" like used in the grocery stores when fruit used to come in wooden lugs, and being an old farm boy I had to pick up a couple pair of "chain kickers" also known as hobbles used to keep cows from kicking and moving around while you were milking by hand. I realize that most of you on here never experienced milking cows by hand though!!!!

Thankfully we never aquired any fleas though! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
my hobby for years was going to storage auction's done very well until the show storage wars came on t.v then everybody tried to make a buck ran the price so high they took a lost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts