Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent in my application for my CWFL today. With it went a DD214, Copy of my Pennsylvania LTCF, Passport Photo, Fingerprint Card, Drivers Lic and the Check. Overnighted it today with a guarantee it will be there by noon. Mailed 03/19/12. Will lets ya now on turn around times. Headed to Fla the end of May. Hope I didnt put it off to long. If I did. I am good to go all the way to Fla.

·
Super Moderator
40,554 Posts
Last I heard from local shop, it was taking 11 weeks with a postal money order.They say postal money orders were handled like cash and got you in the processing pool faster. Electronic finger prints drops the wait down to less then 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I sent mine in February 10 and received it in the mail Saturday March 17, so about a five week turnaround without electronic printing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will wait and see. Been told I might of overkilled them with my other ccw permit and foid card. But will see. I figured since i already have a ccw lic it might go faster.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Good luck, if you wait around a week you can call the number on the tracker sheet you have and ensure that they received it. The recording states it is taking around 8 weeks to process but I got mine back quicker. When I submitted I gave my DD214, passport, proof of a CCW class, check, print card and application.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Looks like someone decided to get out of Illinois!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Staying in communist illinois. Just going on vacation to visit family in zephyrhills. Job and wife keeps me here. But if i was gonna leave. I sure would not move near family. They are nice to visit. Love em. But dont want to live with them. Learnt that lesson as a young pup. NEVER LIVE CLOSE TO ANYONE YOUR RELATED TO.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Took me about 5 weeks with the hardcard fingerprints I was in no rush. You should be able to keep tabs on it on the website though. I hear ya with not living near family too much drama! My wifes family is across the US! Gene

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Delievered and signed for on 03/21/12 @ 0647.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Good you should have them by the time you need it for traveling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts