Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought it home last Friday, set a target up in the front yard 10 yards from the porch and fired 3 rounds which were not on paper low. The next 6-12 were no different. I walked to within 10' of the target and 4" low. Trying to adjust the sights proved futile, windage would work but not up and down. And brass stuck in the cylinder so tight I had to drive them out with an aluminum cleaning rod. Monday I listed it on local Armslist.

Yesterday morning I arose early. While setting on the porch sipping coffee I decided to take the rear sight off just see what happened. The elevation adjustment screw still did not operate but as I messed with it I got the piece that actually moved to raised and lower the sight extended all the way. I reinstalled the sight. Now its POI was a bit high. Because it is still not adjustable I used a 6 o:clock hold .... then dead center. I never use a 6 o:clock hold but I will now with the Plinker. Its very accurate now.

On to the ammo sticking in the cylinder. I socked the cylinder in Hoppe's and scrubbed it with a brass brush.... no help. Reading around on the internet I saw a lot to threads that claimed CCI Mini-Mag are the best ammo for tight cylinders. I bought a 300 round box (the only size they had), fired 8 rounds through it which fell out after firing.

I deactivated the ad on Armslist and ordered a shoulder holster for it off ebay.

It may say "Plinker" on the barrel but it is an all steel serious .22 revolver.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Glad you gotter up-in-runnin!

Rossi rocks!

Reactions: DDDWho

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
BTW: CCI mini mags are the stud muffin of 22's. ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW: CCI mini mags are the stud muffin of 22's. ;)
I had no idea ammo would make a difference. The guy at my LGS that sold it told me "after you use this you'll never go back" I have about 2500 rounds of Remington Golden and Winchester White Box I'll have to use up in something else, neither of those work in the Plinker,

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Years ago in another forum, they discussed the 22 ammo subject as if there were nothing else on earth that matters.

People were coming out by the thousands saying that CCI mini mags were the best.

I'v used them for a long time and they are excellent indeed!

I aslo have a ton of other 22 ammo for plinking. Fed, Win, Rem....

If you really want to be the king of the block, get some CCI Match! Accurate! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts