Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played with my new TH-9 but put a couple of mags through my PT-111 G2 while I was there.

2018-06-04 12.29.12.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too shabby, you sure danced on the border of that ten ring a bit. ;)

ETA that's fantastic shooting out of a G2 at 100 yards.

:cool:

Don't I wish I could do that at 100 yards. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice work. Now you can take another 8 months off. I don’t think you have to worry about being able to hit the target.

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have asked the mods to start a TH and SH series sub forum but was ignored, so, how do you like the TH?
Picked it up on Friday. Cleaned it on Sunday. Took it to the range yesterday. So far, I like it quite well. I've been used to shooting the PT-111 and the M85UL. So, the TH-9 is larger and heavier and will take some getting used to. On each mag I shot, I left the hammer down and fired DA on the first shot. That's going to take some getting used to.

It will primarily be for Home defense but I do plan to carry it from time to time. Bought a Holster made for the 809 and feel that it should work just fine.

Anyways, I think I'm going to be quite happy with the TH-9.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Glad you finely got out! My gosh, good shottin! I bet that group would tighten up if you got out more...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad you finely got out! My gosh, good shottin! I bet that group would tighten up if you got out more...
Plan to get out more. Buying a range membership in the next day or so. I'll be at the range, at least, once a week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm heading to the range with my G2C tomorrow... do you mind me asking how far you were from the target?
I'm trying to figure out "how accurate I should be" with a G2C at a given distance. Obviously we all want to be as accurate as possible.
I did hear somewhere that 5 shots into a 5 inch circle at 5 yards was a good measure.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm heading to the range with my G2C tomorrow... do you mind me asking how far you were from the target?
I'm trying to figure out "how accurate I should be" with a G2C at a given distance. Obviously we all want to be as accurate as possible.
I did hear somewhere that 5 shots into a 5 inch circle at 5 yards was a good measure.
I was at 7 yards from the target. I've been told that if you get into a fight/gunfight, it will normally be 21 feet or closer.

I've never heard the 5 shots at 5 yards in a 5" circle. That's a new one.

I'd like to start practicing with the target at 10 yards to see if I can get good groupings.

Good luck with your G2C

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK, took my G2C to the range yesterday and did this at 7 yards using ball ammo (blazer brass). Emptied a full mag (12 rounds) into it.
Of course this was a "no rush" situation, In a hurry up scenario I'd probably land 2 of the 12 rounds. BTW, I'm no marksman, been shooting for about 8 mos. I think the G2 is quite accurate for a compact 9mm.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts