Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 30 kids today to Tenoroc. Mostly 22's but Tenoroc loaned us a 223 S&W AR15, we bought ammo for the kids to shoot 2 rounds each. Then a gentleman saw what we were doing and "donated" 100 rounds. The gent turned out to work for Knights Armaments corp. Based in Titusville. So we are trying to arrange a trip to them for the kids. Apparently they have the second largest arms museum in the US, not open to the public btw.
Also had:
My sick 24/7 9mm...... 800 rds
Various other 22 rifles and pistols 2200 rounds
AR15 400 rounds
My new Moisin...60 rounds...WHAT A BLAST that puppy is!
40 Glock 400 rounds
And my highlight was a guy letting me shoot hi S&W 50 cal revolver....5 rounds all with 2" of the center of a paper plate at 7 yds.
Awsome day!
Thanks Tenoroc. If you live near there...great place friendly and well run!

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miss Kitty, any day that you can combine shooting, with meeting great people, with helping kids get that 1 extra rung up.
Thats a GREAT day! I am not particularly religious, but every time that I can "play my part" I thank my God!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I wanna live down by you.

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good on you Rodfair! Makes me wish I was a kid again.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Miss Kitty, any day that you can combine shooting, with meeting great people, with helping kids get that 1 extra rung up.
Thats a GREAT day! I am not particularly religious, but every time that I can "play my part" I thank my God!
You sir, "play your part" every time you take time out of your life to devote to the education and edification of children.

God bless you!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Rodfair, that is one of the high points of the shooting life. Sharing with others like that is teaching far more than "stance, breath control, sight picture, squeeeeeee-e-e-e-z!" Surely, you must be blessed.

But THIRTY kids??? Boy Scouts? Big Brothers?

What ages? I do hope you had some other "adult" supervision along. Every time I do that, I try to get about a kid:adult ratio of 2:1, or 3:1 at worst. My church sponsors a Boy Scout Troop, and I get them a "range-day" every spring, and they fire everything from 22 rimfire to M1Carbine and a 44 Magnum hogleg (Ruger).

In the past, a few of the parents were kind of "anti" but their kids have helped to bring some of them around a little - and to me, that is one of the best payoffs.

Good job, thank you for contributing to the continuation of the shooting sports and to the fun for the kids.

Flash

·
Super Moderator
26,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rodfair, that is one of the high points of the shooting life. Sharing with others like that is teaching far more than "stance, breath control, sight picture, squeeeeeee-e-e-e-z!" Surely, you must be blessed.

But THIRTY kids??? Boy Scouts? Big Brothers?

What ages? I do hope you had some other "adult" supervision along. Every time I do that, I try to get about a kid:adult ratio of 2:1, or 3:1 at worst. My church sponsors a Boy Scout Troop, and I get them a "range-day" every spring, and they fire everything from 22 rimfire to M1Carbine and a 44 Magnum hogleg (Ruger).

In the past, a few of the parents were kind of "anti" but their kids have helped to bring some of them around a little - and to me, that is one of the best payoffs.

Good job, thank you for contributing to the continuation of the shooting sports and to the fun for the kids.

Flash
Naval Sea Cadets. Ages are 10-18 4-6 kids shoot at once. We have an NRA RSO that is on my Staff. We had about 8 adults there on Saturday. 4 supervising the shooting and 4 keeping them occupied while not on the firing line!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Good job - REALLY good.

Flash

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Thats great rod, glad to see you are still helping out with those Sea Cadets!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts