Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm old and tired, had to wait until the weather got good enough so this old crank can go shoot.

Got to the range to set up target, and the blasted staple gun went belly up on me, grrrrrr!

Another shooter showed up and he let me use his to paste my targets. Here are the targets showing Trail Boss results exclusively. I wanted to see what this powder could do in this model 441 in .44 spl.

The gun has beagled bullets to increase the girth diameter of mould dropped bullets that mike out at around .432, my cylinder throats in this gun are over sized at .434 dia. But .432 seems to be just the ticket to get some good results.

TB C45

Administrator
Good shootin'. What was the range? :thumb:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
You want to know the range, dang it... :D it was 15 yards...I can't see much further than that.

And if you got to know, I was setting down at a bench.

But that Trail Boss seems like a pretty good powder for moderate loadings...sure burns clean.

I tried to get something out of an NEI 429235 bullet mould, that dropped them at 245 grains with gas check and lube...but so far no good results. Anyone else got this bullet mould???

The Lyman #429244 mould dropped them at 265 grain and it performed surprisingly well, wasn't bad on the recoil either. (see picture)

TB C45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts