Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to range yesterday with my new PT145. My first shot took me by surprise and then I shot 50 rounds. I love this piece. It shot true and I can't wait to go back. I have been carrying my LCP but this 145 conceals pretty darn good. I may explore changing to it.
We set up a 1" piece of PVC pipe and shooting the 145 it looked like a hog had been rooting behind it in the dirt. When I shot my 9 MM the ground didn't look like that. My 145 gobbled the ammo and I left really feeling good.

·
Administrator
40,176 Posts
In my opinion, a concealed carry firearm doesn't get any better than a PT145. It fits all the requirements for concealed carry for me!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
I have been around guns most of my life. And that started almost in the muzzle loading days - but not quite. I shot on the Service School Command Pistol Team at Great Lakes, I've shot about every style of hand gun I can think of. Not every hand gun, but I would say about every mainstream manufacturer, darn near every caliber and size of hand gun. I will state uncategorically, the PT 145 is my favorite. It's not without it's flaws, but in terms of bang for the buck, reliability, ease of carry, and over all comfortable gun, I'd stack my 145 up against any gun I've ever shot and carried. I have a choice of a number of personal firearms for carry, and the 145 is the one I choose on nearly every occaision. I do have a mousegun for those times when a compact and above is inappropriate. As Jimmy Buffett would say, "that's my story and I'm stickin' to it." You've made a good choice.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Ya gotta love 'em, mine is my daily carry....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
37,033 Posts
I'm a believer! It's a ton of gun in a very small package.

While it's no match shooter at 25 yards, it will put 11 large holes in a pie plate circle at 10 yards for me in a very short period of time.

·
Registered
29,949 Posts
The .45 ACP PT 145.

One of the grail guns I waited a life time to enjoy, the best of all worlds...

Reliability, accuracy, compactness, light weight, in the number one defensive caliber, with a big payload.

If it only cooked and did dishes...hmmmm. ;)

·
Administrator
40,176 Posts
The .45 ACP PT 145.

One of the grail guns I waited a life time to enjoy, the best of all worlds...

Reliability, accuracy, compactness, light weight, in the number one defensive caliber, with a big payload.

If it only cooked and did dishes...hmmmm. ;)
Wouldn't that make it a Swiss army pistol? :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put my LCP into the safe for another day. It has been reliable and has its place for me still.
Today I will carry my 145 and see how I do.
I do have a second carry that will shoot a Long Colt 45 or 410 000 Buck. It"s a two shot Bond Arms and it"s a violent little guy too.
Last time we went to the range I was shooting my son's 9 MM. Last shot we made I shot the Bond Arms and it tore the target in half. I walked off and thought now that's the way to end up a great day at the range!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Gotto love the PT145. I do and everyone who shoots it really likes it. Two of my friends have bought their first Taurus after shooting it. Carry mine daily without any fears of it not going bang, multiple times if needed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think the PT145 is a great value. One guy at a LGS was hacking on it. I pointed to his pimped out Kimber Carry and said I won't be crying nearly as much if my PT falls on the concrete (as long as it still works) compared to him. He thought about it for a second, laughed and agreed the PT145 is a lot of gun for the money.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The Millennium Pro line of pistols is a proven line of pistols. I've owned a PT138 and PT111 and they are rock-solid reliable and accurate at self-defense distances.

I'm glad you are pleased with your new PT145.

With the line being phased out, I'd best go ahead and get myself a PT145 before they are all gone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
shooting the 145 it looked like a hog had been rooting behind it in the dirt.
Yup. That's one of the things I really love about 45 acp - those big flying bird eggs really make the dirt fly. Enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasn't aware the PT145 was being phased out. I guess it'll be like the Ruger P89 and P95. I know the P89 was discontinued and it's like the older Chevy's that just keep running and running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice. I can't wait for my first time. :)
The people that carry their PT145's what holster do you use?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Nice. I can't wait for my first time.
I use a DIY kydex/leather hybrid for carry - can't beat it, but do yourself a favor and get your pants one size bigger for IWB.

And this is where it sleeps at night

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Nice. I can't wait for my first time. :)
I have a Remora clipless IWB, a Desantis Tuck This II, and a High Noon Split Decision tuckable for IWB holsters, and a Fobus for an OWB belt (paddle) holster.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Millennium Pro line of pistols is a proven line of pistols. I've owned a PT138 and PT111 and they are rock-solid reliable and accurate at self-defense distances.

I'm glad you are pleased with your new PT145.

With the line being phased out, I'd best go ahead and get myself a PT145 before they are all gone. :rolleyes:
When are they stopping production on the PT145?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
With the line being phased out, I'd best go ahead and get myself a PT145 before they are all gone.
You sure they didn't just phase out the PT138? They're still showing the PT111, PT140, and PT145 online, as well as in the 2012 full line catalog. IMHO they'd be nuts do discontinue that line.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a chance to shoot a PT145 Pro recently and was very impressed with it. I may have to get one of my own. I really like the trigger on it. Sights ar decent, but not my favorite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts