Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. After everything had finally come together, I was ready to carry in the public. I actually went to a Meijer store, but anyways... So after I got out of work (I work at a University..we know how that goes for gun laws) I came home and changed. I grabbed my S&W Shield in 9mm and put the 7rnd flush magazine in. I have an Uncle Mike's #12 holster that fits the gun really well. I put the gun on, and off I went! I was worried that my shirt was gonna get caught on something, or somehow the gun would come out of the holster. All in All though everything went really well! I have done plenty of preparation for carrying in public, just will come around to it.

And in case any of you are wondering, I am a part of student's for conceal carry.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I find these wally walks interesting because I'm trying to imagine how I'd CC. Congratulations on yours! Do you plan to carry a lot now or is this something you're still working out?

·
Registered
17,242 Posts
I must be in the advanced class.
Not only have I done the "Wally Walk" I have done the Home Depot Walk, the Lowe's Walk, the Fred Meyer Walk, the Sears Walk,
the service station restroom Walk, the 27 mile long mall Walk (I hate shopping with my wife), the go to the car Walk and drive off,
stop and park and then get out and Walk some more Walk, the Costco Walk ( I like this one, Costco has cool stuff), the Walk to
my motorcycle and ride off, stop and park and then get out and Walk some more Walk (similar to the Walk to the car Walk except noisier) and.........AND.................I accidentally did the Walk behind the lawn mower Walk because I forgot I was carrying.
My grass felt very safe that day. Stay tuned for further adventures.:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wally Walks are always interesting. You feel all eyes are on you. After a while you realize no one cares. Then you realize no is observant enough to care if they wanted to. Sometimes I think I could stuff a bazooka under my shirt and not be noticed.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Welcome to the team. Most people are clueless (not just the majority of Academia with you obviously as an exception)about people that carry. I have spotted a few in public at a store and on the street because one was using a IWB tucked and I saw the clips and another that was too big for the t-shirt he was wearing and he was printing. But that is who will take any notice, the people that are on our team; those that carry.

Carry on.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Welcome to the carry club! I always feel like people are watching me, but like others have said no one is. I was in Wal Mart one day, before I could carry, and saw a guy reach up to the top shelf for something and totally revealed his revolver. That is the only time I have been able to tell that someone was carrying. If I, as a carrier, don't notice others carrying then I'm sure most non-carriers don't notice as well.

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy
Welcome to the carry club! I always feel like people are watching me, but like others have said no one is. I was in Wal Mart one day, before I could carry, and saw a guy reach up to the top shelf for something and totally revealed his revolver. That is the only time I have been able to tell that someone was carrying. If I, as a carrier, don't notice others carrying then I'm sure most non-carriers don't notice as well.
Notice a man carrying a couple of times a year but to be totally honest, I think, I actually know that most CCW holders do NOT carry on a regular bases.

Sad but true.

Paul

P.S. Always use your weak side arm to reach up for stuff.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Howdy

Notice a man carrying a couple of times a year but to be totally honest, I think, I actually know that most CCW holders do NOT carry on a regular bases.

Sad but true.

Paul

How could you possibly know that unless you talked to every person in the country who CC's?

We need to be careful with any kind of generalization.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
The people I know who carry do so on a 93 to 96 % basis.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
How could you possibly know that unless you talked to every person in the country who CC's?

We need to be careful with any kind of generalization.
He's probably not far off. Lots of people I know don't carry all the time or got their cpl more for the fact that it makes purchasing a gun go smoother. I don't understand it but they'll do what they're gonna do. I always tell people who ask that it's not worth the time and funds if you're not going to take advantage of it to the fullest extent.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Congrats on your make shift Wally Walk! Carry always, be safe!

I laugh at the people I work with, they hardly ever carry. Most say they only carry when they think they may need it. My response is always, "If you think you may need it there why go there at all?" I always get a dumb blank stare back. So 1 (me) out of 7 carry all the time. I know this is not a scientific study, just an observation I made.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations on your first concealed carry walk! I was very nervous and fidgety the first time
I carried after I got my permit and I was pulling ny shirt down constantly to make sure I wasn't
showing. After a while, the nerves go away and it almost becomes natural when you have carried
long enough.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Grats and carry everyday! (where you can)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
He's probably not far off. Lots of people I know don't carry all the time or got their cpl more for the fact that it makes purchasing a gun go smoother. I don't understand it but they'll do what they're gonna do. I always tell people who ask that it's not worth the time and funds if you're not going to take advantage of it to the fullest extent.
I agree with you if you're talking in the context of your (or anyone's) personal experience. But when I read "I actually know that most CCW holders do NOT carry on a regular bases" I infer, perhaps incorrectly, that this means everyone everywhere.

I was taught in more than one writing class to avoid generalizations on any subject because they can't be proven. How do we quantify "most" outside the circle of our own world?

Within the small group of people I know who CC most say they carry all the time. Whether that is true or not I have no way of knowing.

I respectfully stand by my opinion that generalizations need to be avoided.

And if I misread the intent of what I quoted then that's my fault and I apologize.

Reactions: JoshNix9

·
Registered
69 Posts
I must be in the advanced class.
Not only have I done the "Wally Walk" I have done the Home Depot Walk, the Lowe's Walk, the Fred Meyer Walk, the Sears Walk,
the service station restroom Walk, the 27 mile long mall Walk (I hate shopping with my wife), the go to the car Walk and drive off,
stop and park and then get out and Walk some more Walk, the Costco Walk ( I like this one, Costco has cool stuff), the Walk to
my motorcycle and ride off, stop and park and then get out and Walk some more Walk (similar to the Walk to the car Walk except noisier) and.........AND.................I accidentally did the Walk behind the lawn mower Walk because I forgot I was carrying.
My grass felt very safe that day. Stay tuned for further adventures.:D
LOL. You can talk the talk and walk the walk!:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Howdy

Sad but true.

Paul

I know a few that never carry. It's seems like they are inviting a shoulda, coulda, woulda moment. Most I know that have a license though, you can bet they are packin.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
The great thing about WalMart is that no matter what you do or wear, you will fit right in. I have actually seen people shop in pajamas and robes.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The great thing about WalMart is that no matter what you do or wear, you will fit right in. I have actually seen people shop in pajamas and robes.
And unfortunately in most cases, the skimpier the outfit, the less you want to see, if you catch my drift!

Reactions: bps1

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
The only time I don't carry is at work (not allowed to there), but I have my piece in my glove box in the car. I have to think the way my CWP instructor quoted to us.... Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. Wife despises that I carry, and she has her own personal reasons, but regardless I carry 95% of the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts