Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd jump in this section since my 24/7 G2 stainless 9mm should be here tomorrow. First Taurus for myself and can't wait to fire it this weekend.

Any tips for accessories? Or know which magazine is compatible with them? (17)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, guess I didn't search well enough before thinking it was like finding a holster

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you. Just be sure to clean your gun really good and get all the shipping preservative off before going to the range to prevent feed and ejection problems.

·
Registered
27,445 Posts
Thanks for the link, guess I didn't search well enough before thinking it was like finding a holster
Oh, now holsters are a whole 'nother story. We get real opinionated about that subject. :)
I'm a fan of the Blackhawk Serpa CQC.
Many unnamed individuals like inside the pants holsters.
Whatever holster you pick, do yourself a favor and invest in a quality gunbelt.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A warm welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which blackhawk holster you use for the g2? I was told to get the one made for the xd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Howdy from N.Texas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You with the fire department in mesquite Andy?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from the Magnolia State!

Whether you are seeking information on your new Taurus handgun, or need help deciding what type of ammo to carry in a self-defense gun, or just enjoy batting the breeze with a friendly and knowledgeable group of Taurus gals and guys...you've certainly come to the right place.

Reactions: CombatVet

·
32,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

Promise us you'll field strip that puppy and clean it out. That includes the firing pin channel. Not channel 10 ,T.V.. :):rolleyes:

The preservant grease Taurus uses is notorious for causing headaches if not done.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome - enjoy picking up your new pistol today!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum!!

Promise us you'll field strip that puppy and clean it out. That includes the firing pin channel. Not channel 10 ,T.V.. :):rolleyes:

The preservant grease Taurus uses is notorious for causing headaches if not done.
You have my word on that one, I've read a lot this past week of how much of an impact the first good cleaning is on these guns. I'll just have to look up exactly what the firing pin channel is, not sure if I've heard of that yes

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City.

Be sure you give us a full range report and tell us how well you enjoyed your new G2. :guns:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts