Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away from reloading for awhile and when I did reload I allways reloaded 9mm. I now am back into it and am reloading 357 Mag for the first time. I have once fired factory brass I had bought and saved my brass. I have Federal,Winchester and Remington. I have loaded a few by Hogdon's Data. I even called and asked them to be sure. They suggested small pistol magnum primers to use with H110. H110 is what I use. I have 125 grn JHP and 158 grn LRN. So here is there load data and it is the minimum load. For the 158 grn using CCI SPMP load 15 grn H110. for the 125 JHP use same primer and use 21 grn H110. I also looked on handloads.com in the Hogdon data and it is the same with primers and powder.Does that sound right to you? Dont want to blow myself up!!!

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
In my experience Hornady data using Hodgdon powders has been very good. Reliable and safe starting points. Try it, I think you will be pleased.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guesser I will look them up.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
The website looks like you are right on. Have a look to double check. 6 gr seemed like a big spread but they are very different bullets and the mag will have the headspace. Hot loads but that's why they call it magnum, eh!? :)

·
Premium Member
17,743 Posts
The slower the powder, the bigger the spread. From my experience with W296, a very similar powder, that sounds right.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mingaa thats why I was asking to be sure. I have checked several load data sites and there either the same or a grn apart. I only loaded 7 of each to tst tomorrow. Used my digital calipers and have them almost spot on on COL and used my digital powder scal and measured it exactly. Looks like Im back in buisness. I even have an old reload manual and it says the same.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey glenwolde I do know this the H110 and a 4 in barrel at 21 grns there will be a big ka boom and a big fireball. Lol I qill be using my saftey glasses and earplugs...

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
I don't have any experience with 110 and my manuals are ALL the way in the basement. Whenever I have the slightest doubt loading I stop and check data to be sure!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep mingaa thats what I do and did I am putting saftey first and just to be sure asked here.I know I went yesterday to the VA and had my eyes checked lol but being away from reloading for a few years just wanted that extra reassaurance lol... I told my wife our Anniversary is comming up in March and I could use a new manual and ummm a melting pot, and some boolit molds lol... HEY I KNOW!!!! A new 4 hole turret press!!!! YEA!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.