Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I just got back from the range with this beauty. Handles like a dream! only had 1 FTE with independence ammo but it just got stuck coming out.

I do have a concern though. I have a Taurus Millennium pro pt 111 and it was only firing in single action mode. Is that right?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats on the PT111! You're right, it fires in SA unless you have a misfire then it will switch to DA for the 2nd strike then it'll switch back to SA.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
There are 2 type of actions for the pt111 doa and da/sa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok phew! i LOVE this firearm. Though I didnt do too hot at the range lol. I just dont know how to aim and stand. If anyone can point me to a youtube link on this that would be great. I tried with both eyes open and squinted and one eye.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey guys. So I just got back from the range with this beauty. Handles like a dream! only had 1 FTE with independence ammo but it just got stuck coming out.

I do have a concern though. I have a Taurus Millennium pro pt 111 and it was only firing in single action mode. Is that right?
Do you have the g2 version??

Those Heine sights on the older mil pros do take some getting used to. Does the range have a safety/training officer?? Might be able to point you in the right direction. If that fails take a basic shooter class. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Also I might add if this is your first pistol, probably not the best one to practice with and get the technique down. Get a nice cheap .22. For the range. Better to perfect the technique and will be a lot easier on the wallet.

My dos centavos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the g2 version??

Those Heine sights on the older mil pros do take some getting used to. Does the range have a safety/training officer?? Might be able to point you in the right direction. If that fails take a basic shooter class. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7
Im not sure what gen it is tbh. its production date was 2012 and it just says MILLENNIUM on the side.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Im not sure what gen it is tbh. its production date was 2012 and it just says MILLENNIUM on the side.
OK. Sounds like you have the same one that i do. A regular Mil Pro. Nice gun, takes some getting used to. Assume it has the Heine sights.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Does it have a G2 anywhere on it?? And does it say PT111PRO on opposing side from Millennium??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from what ive read if it says MILLENNIUM pro on the same side of the gun its the model BEFORE the MILLENIUM. meaning ours are a new generation?

·
Registered
8,802 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also I might add if this is your first pistol, probably not the best one to practice with and get the technique down. Get a nice cheap .22. For the range. Better to perfect the technique and will be a lot easier on the wallet.

My dos centavos.

Good advice about the .22 but also consider what I am doing. I've ordered a Umarex XBG co2 BB pistol, CO2 cartridges (40) and BB's (6,000) from Walmart at about $60 bucks for all delivered. This is to practice my posture, stance, movement, aiming and trigger squeezing techniques. Much cheaper and you can actually shoot in your house with the addition of the right BB trap target holder or outside in your yard if your setting is appropriate. It doesn't train you to handle recoil but that can come later at the range.....I think it's a convenient and inexpensive way to stay sharp or even develop your skills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts