Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We haven't done one of these for awhile. So I thought I would start a new thread on pics from your early days shooting. In this case I am the little guy shooting a Colt Woodsman with my brother. This was taken in 1961 out by Valley Center Kansas. Look at that amazing tactical form!!!!
IMG_0680.jpg
Here is another pic of me and my brother back in 1959 riding the coolest boy toy ever.
IMG_0679.jpg

Whatcha got?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
It kinda looks like you just shot your friend lol. I wish I had some old pics of me shooting. Nice memories though, well done!

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
17,235 Posts
That's a nice photo. Good memories.
Unfortunately the first time I fired a weapon it would
have had to have been carved on a stone tablet.
I had a .22 rifle when I was 8 and we lived at the edge of town.
Directly across the road was nothing but fields and forest for miles.
4 of us spent entire days there plinking and having fun.
Never shot anyone by accident either...........imagine that.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
That's a nice photo. Good memories.
Unfortunately the first time I fired a weapon it would
have had to have been carved on a stone tablet.
I had a .22 rifle when I was 8 and we lived at the edge of town.
Directly across the road was nothing but fields and forest for miles.
4 of us spent entire days there plinking and having fun.
Never shot anyone by accident either...........imagine that.
I don't think you can find an edge of town anymore.
Everything's blended together.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Valley Center is a bit more than a few farm houses and fields now. But interesting to know that silverstring was a part back in the day.

I grew up and did the first shooting that I recall just outside of Park City to the South just a town over from Valley. I don't know of any pictures of us shooting though. :(

Park City.... home of the BTK Strangler, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader. I lived within 2 miles of that guy, and pretty sure he would have at times driven right by our house heading into Wichita to do his dirty deeds.
Funny, I just now realized looking at that wiki page that I now drive by his "new" home (for over 9 more life sentences) at least once every week or two!

Great pictures OP!

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
Valley Center is a bit more than a few farm houses and fields now. But interesting to know that silverstring was a part back in the day.

I grew up and did the first shooting that I recall just outside of Park City to the South just a town over from Valley. I don't know of any pictures of us shooting though. :(

Park City.... home of the BTK Strangler, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader. I lived within 2 miles of that guy, and pretty sure he would have at times driven right by our house heading into Wichita to do his dirty deeds.
Funny, I just now realized looking at that wiki page that I now drive by his "new" home (for over 9 more life sentences) at least once every week or two!

Great pictures OP!
One of life’s little rewards!

I flew into Wichita for a business meeting during the BTK reign of terror. I wondered if I would run into him. Course, I might have but never knew it.

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
I really don’t know how rolled up jeans ever went out of style. I could wear a pair for a couple of years - just unrolling it bit by bit - back when I was growing up. Course, when I hit age 13 my growth spurt started and I went from 4’5” to 6’ in 3 years. Had to buy new clothes every 6 months.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I really don’t know how rolled up jeans ever went out of style. I could wear a pair for a couple of years - just unrolling it bit by bit - back when I was growing up. Course, when I hit age 13 my growth spurt started and I went from 4’5” to 6’ in 3 years. Had to buy new clothes every 6 months.
Ha ha.... never thought about the rolled up pant legs being an answer to buying so many pairs through the growing stages of youth!

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Don't have any pictures of my early shooting days ( I think they had cameras than). My shooting was the deserts of calif. I even had a 22 semi auto that held 17 rounds. That I still have. It would be out lawed in CA now. That is why I live in Texas.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
You both have Kansas kids shoes for the summer....barefoot!!!! I had 'em too!!! Could flat out run on gravel barefoot by the 4th. Feet callouses thicker than shoe soles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts