Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a first time gun owner I have a millennium pt 745 pro cal .45 acp it has jammed up on me can soneone please tell me how to fix the problem????

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry about your jam. Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place. Wish I could help. I am still learning myself.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
How is it jammed? That may aid in getting a quicker answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a round in the chamber and the slide in stuck about an inch back the clip is out and when I look in it with a flash light I can see the round

·
Registered
701 Posts
Please be very careful, You don't want to get Hurt
My advice go to your LGS and a Gun Smith in the Morning with it and Good Luck

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Since you are new to firearms, I'd take the sage advice that Snug9mm offered.

Ask the gunsmith if he / she will allow you to watch the procedure so you will learn how to take care of a problem like this should it ever occur again.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Please don't look down the barrel again I don't want you to get hurt. The advice you received is good.is the round pointed up or down or half way in the barrel? Can you read the sticky on how to post pics. Pics would help a lot. Have tried pulling back on the slide with your finger away from the trigger and pointed on a safe direction? Some degree of force would be required. Please be safe.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You didn't try placing a round directly in the chamber, as opposed to the letting the firearm extract it from the magazine as intended did you?. ?..or, did it happen during firing of the weapon? Can you post a pic?

Reactions: sparks9293

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok well I have not looked down the barrel I looked where u put the clip in and seen the round and no I didn't load a round in it the jam happen when I put the clip in. I am new to the site so I really don't know how to put pictures up yet

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
A picture would really, really, help here. I'm not sure why you need a flashlight if the slide is stuck and inch back? Do you mean just a projectile is stuck in the barrel?

Load a picture on your computer, then click "Go Advanced" button next to the "Quick Reply" or "Reply to Post" button and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments" click and an upload window will appear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will se wat I can do bout a pic but I'm not on a computer I'm on my phone doing this and I looked agin and the slide is back bout 1/2 inch or less that's why I had to use a fkashligh and look where I load the clip and I am sure it is a round that's jammed

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Please start from the beginning and explain in detail what happened. For example: I loaded the magazine (not clip) with ammo, inserted it in the gun, pulled back the slide, and it jammed. Something like that and any details you can give will help us help you. We are not sure if this happened while cycling live rounds by hand or you were actually shooting it when it jammed. We need to know if it is an unfired round or one that has fired leaving an empty shell casing. As stated, a live round in the chamber in a jam is dangerous, so please keep it pointed in a safe direction at all times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Droppin in a single round without a clip shouldn't be the problem....I do it to a lot of pistols. DON'T LOOK DOWN A BARREL WITH A ROUND ANYWHERE NEAR THE GUN.....use a mirror. Get a piece of wood, grip the handle tight(of the pistol) and tap the front of the gun on the wood. Each time try n pull your slide back....I would not do any of this in your house either or you might air out the floor or wall or window.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Hopefully the OP will get his problem resolved without property damage or injuries.

If he was trying to eject the round, it either slipped over the extractor, or the extractor is faulty.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I'm a first time gun owner I have a millennium pt 745 pro cal .45 acp it has jammed up on me can soneone please tell me how to fix the problem????
Please, please dont ever look down a barrel of a handgun loaded or unloaded,I emplore you to take it to a gunsmith and get it sorted out as it is "loaded" you cannot ship it back to taurus....PLEASE, be careful!!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
don't want to sound offensive or condinsending.These folks here are great with help.they just preach safety as a #1 priorty.If looking into the bottom on the grip where the mag. goes and you see the round partly.I'd suggest having a gun shop check it out.Like Moon dawg said.sounds like the round skipped the ejector but be on the side of caution.don't push pry or bang on the round.Welcome to the forum.As a first time gun owner feel free to ask all the questions you want.I think you will find out why we say.This is the best forum out there with the best people.having you join only proves my point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Please be very careful, You don't want to get Hurt
My advice go to your LGS and a Gun Smith in the Morning with it and Good Luck
+1 on this statement, I know it may seem like a hassle but your life is worth to much to leave it to chance!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts