Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range with my new PT1911SS. Put 125 rounds through it without a hitch. Hadn't fired a handgun in 20 years. Amazed at how well it performed. No FTL, no FTF. I am IN LOVE!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
You aint see nothing yet wait til it gets broke in trigger will be smoother and groups will tighten up a little and will run about every bullet out there. Get a set of 10 round mags and watch out idpa

jhp

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Good to hear you are having fun with your PT1911

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Sounds like a good day. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum...I too am in love with my PT1911SS

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Grats! Welcome to the Cult...errr.... Club! :D

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm getting close to getting one for my very own so thanks for the range report! Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wingshot and/or me are very close to 1911 heaven....very close....:cool:....

Reactions: Wingshot

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Seems like its about time to add a new wing on the 1911 Addiction Center and Rehab Facility.
Congrats, enjoy and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
See there, that's how much I love mine too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey rub it in why don't you, LOL. My brand new gun spends all its time flying back and forth to Miami. I have shot it a total of 6 rounds. Taurus repair has run 32 rounds through it so they are having more fun than I am with MY gun.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just got back from the range with my new PT1911SS. Put 125 rounds through it without a hitch. Hadn't fired a handgun in 20 years. Amazed at how well it performed. No FTL, no FTF. I am IN LOVE!

Oh boy, now you've done it. Just go ahead and make room in the safe for #2. You have the bug now, only question is how bad did it bite?

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, all. Yes, I AM addicted. Ready for purchase #2. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey, the black hole of gun rights. Any suggestions? Was thinking of a 22LR, but there is NO ammo around. Now considering a .45 revolver; at least the ammo will be the same. Still have to wait 10 more days (only one handgun purchase in a 30 day period). UGGGGGH.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Everyone that owns a gun should own a 22 LR, but as you mention the ammo is near impossible to find in my parts as well.
Actually i haven't shot one of my 22 pistols in about 4 months or so.
As the 1911 comes in so many different configurations-- Defender 3 inch, officers 3 1/2, commander 4 1/4. and the full sized government , and of course the occasioanl long slide, along with stainless, Blued, stainless and blue, light weight models, adjustable sights, fixed sights, etc.
you can own many different 1911's and none are the same actually (don't ask how I know this!).
The 45 revolver is an option but I have such a hard time finding magazines for those around here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts