Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range with my H&K P7,MY Glock 19 & Glock 30S.I rented a Taurus G2 to shoot ...after reading the forums I wanted to try one! First shot my G19 to warm up & compare it to the Taurus. NOW...for the G2...& my impressions! Loaded the mag & didn't like it(mag.) at all....rounds didn't go in as easy as the G19.Pointed at the target & started to see what I would like & dislike...1) grips ,comfortable 2)sights, not a problem 3)trigger...don't understand people's dislike or problem with the trigger I liked it.Rounds went where I aimed...can't ask for more than that. I did have 2 FTF & I attribute that to it being a range rental.Final thoughts were it's a good handgun!Would I get rid of my G19 for the TAURUS ! Nope! THEN...I fired my EDC G30S .Love it! Used to EDC my P7 but Leary of getting it taken if the SHTF!I live in Miami & go thru Miami Gardens Fl.quite often! The range didn't have a G2C for rental...if I wanted to buy a TAURUS....I would get the G2C!
Jim

·
Registered
340 Posts
That's the way to do it, rent & try 1st.
If noone else has said it - Welcome

·
Registered
994 Posts
As you did, I rented a PT111 G2 at a local range and fired 100 rounds through it before making my decision to buy the Taurus. The trigger was not a problem for me to get used to as I had nothing to compare it to. And, I still don't understand what all the trigger fuss is about.

Welcome for the forum.

Reactions: loudviking

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. I had my G2 out the other day with my CZ75 Compact and the PT 92 AFS. All ran very well with my accuracy actually the best with the G2 on that day. No issues at all with the OEM 12 round magazines. The P226 mags that are reported to run with it still have an FTF at round 4 + 5.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome! I recently got to try a G2 at the indoor range where I work. A customer had one and let me shoot it; I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with its performance! :)

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
345 Posts
I used to own the S&W copy of the Glock 19, the SD9VE. Excellent gun. I sold it. I did that after renting a Taurus PT111 G2 several times. I found I was just as accurate with the G2 and it concealed much easier than thE SD. B the time I was convinced to buy the G2 the G2C was available. I bought one. Then I bought another one Incase one was down or confiscated. I tHen sold my menagerie of SD9VE, Lc9s, RM380, and M&P 22 Compact. The G2C has become my go to gun for all purposes and all purposes today is Self Defense. For me the G2C is the perfect compromise of size, capacity, accuracy, reliability, and ergonomics. If I still did plinking probably would have kept the 22. But now all I do stay prepared to defend home and me, and the cat of course.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Protect the Cat by all means ! Congrats on your new G2C,Taurus has a big winner,this is very dependable,accurate and finacially available to everyone ! I would have kept the SD 9MM,Just for the range time switchoff,lol.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
Welcome from South Texas. You will find a of of people here who like the G 2. Also people who like many other brands .

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The G2 for the money is a great gun. My personal experience with mine prevents me from using it for EDC. I really like shooting it at the range especially since i replaced the trigger w/ aftermarket one. My G2 is now my truck gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts