Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm a first time Taurus buyer from Atlanta, GA. I just brought home a PT 709 Slim with the stainless slide for concealed carry. After cleaning out the enormous amount of dried, gummy factory grease, I oiled it up and slipped in a snap cap to try the trigger pull. From what I understand, the single action trigger is sort of a love/hate deal but I'm definitely one of the lovers. I traded in my Kel-Tec PF9 punisher on the Slim which fits my hand much better. I worked for a gun shop back in the 70's and have had to overcome a serious predjudice against the brand as Taurus did not exactly enjoy a great reputation back then. They weren't very well made and high performance ammo tended to split the barrels. The brand has come a long, long way since then and I'm most impressed with the quality and engineering. Their 1911 model is so nice, in fact, I'm actually tempted to buy a second Taurus. I'll be showing up in other places in the forum as I have a lot of questions and will have a lot of comments after I finally get a chance to break in my new toy. I've been shooting for nearly 40 years and have accumulated a small but prized collection of favorites that includes Colt, Kimber, S&W (.38s & .357s from the 70s), Khar, Benelli, Colt-Sauer, Star, ParaOrdnance, and now, Taurus. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN you'll find we are gun lover's of all brands and will talk about just anything. :)

Somethings to get started. Take the time to read the site guidelines,FAQs and stickies as they will help you get up and running.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi folks. I'm a first time Taurus buyer from Atlanta, GA. I just brought home a PT 709 Slim with the stainless slide for concealed carry. After cleaning out the enormous amount of dried, gummy factory grease, I oiled it up and slipped in a snap cap to try the trigger pull. From what I understand, the single action trigger is sort of a love/hate deal but I'm definitely one of the lovers. I traded in my Kel-Tec PF9 punisher on the Slim which fits my hand much better. I worked for a gun shop back in the 70's and have had to overcome a serious predjudice against the brand as Taurus did not exactly enjoy a great reputation back then. They weren't very well made and high performance ammo tended to split the barrels. The brand has come a long, long way since then and I'm most impressed with the quality and engineering. Their 1911 model is so nice, in fact, I'm actually tempted to buy a second Taurus. I'll be showing up in other places in the forum as I have a lot of questions and will have a lot of comments after I finally get a chance to break in my new toy. I've been shooting for nearly 40 years and have accumulated a small but prized collection of favorites that includes Colt, Kimber, S&W (.38s & .357s from the 70s), Khar, Benelli, Colt-Sauer, Star, ParaOrdnance, and now, Taurus. Happy shooting!
Welcome from Dayton Ohio. I too had the Kel Tec PF9, hated it, traded it in on my new Millenium Pro PT145, love it. Just showed it to buddy of mine, we're going to the range tomorrow and he's going to shoot it, and if he's as impressed as I am with it, he's going to buy one for the same purpose as me, mainly as my conceal carry weapom, but also to take to the range. Welcome to the forum, friendly people here on this forum!!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello from Eastern Washington.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio! Well these guys definitely know their stuff and are happy to share there vast knowledge. I know none of my questions have gone unanswered and man I ask a lot of them. I like how they aren't bias toward certain models or brands and they celebrate gun ownership without exception. I am sure you'll have no problem fitting especially with that list you have. Looking forward to seeing some of your posts..

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome from "Back in the World"! Good to have another old time shooter! Times sure have changed, haven't they. The old blue steel and walnut it ain't. But the choice of ammo and calibers are better than ever!
Frosty

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Welcome to TA.net from western Washington.
You will find many knowledgeable folk here. Grab a chair and stay a while.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts