Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Picked up my first Taurus a couple days ago a Millennium G2. Well, after the first trip to the range with it today I might have a problem. After putting 50 rds through it it's shooting constantly around 6in low. My first few shots were about 10in low 6in left. After adjusting the sights some I did get the windage in about 2 inches but, no matter how much I adjusted the elevation it's still around 6-8 inches low!
I also had my beretta px4 with me and with the same ammo was able to shoot good groupings. All shots were at 7-10 yrds. Any thoughts??
I know I need to shoot the gun more to get comfortable with it and to break it in(as soon as I can find some ammo!). Other than the sight problem I have no other complaints with the gun.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state. :icon_ lala:

State of "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

Since I do not know your experience level I'll say most "low left" problems novice shooters have are caused from "jerking the trigger", as oppossed to focusing on the basic, sight alignment, sight picture while pressing the trigger straight to the rear.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome from north Texas .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
yea, I had the same problem the first time I went to the range to fire my .40 cal pistol. I was low and to the left. I asked the range owner to adjust my sights, and he laughed at me. He took my pistol into the back and sprinkled some "special stuff" on it. The next time I went to the range, I used more of my finger on the trigger and carefully squeezed. Low and behold, I was on target. Another idea, before you go adjusting the sights is to get someone else that's really good to fire off a few rounds with it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Some practice with trigger control will do wonders for the accuracy of your Millennium G2. As for the sights, point of impact should be behind the front dot, not the 6 o'clock hold more generally found in other makes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize I'm quite late to chime in on this topic but have you ever found a solution to your pt111 g2 sight problem? Just bought mine and I'm having the same issue

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
POA=POI on most Taurus pistols when you line up the dots, I know they print a "sight picture" in the manual but I don't know what gun that's really for. Of all my semi-auto pistols, the Taurus front sight post is consistently way too tall compared to the rear sights. Even with adjustable sights, you shouldn't have to move them more than maybe a little left and right in most cases for self defense distances.

Maxing out the rear is fine if you're trying to ring the gong at 100 yards, but for anything under 30 feet I think it only helps to cement in bad habits in shooting overall. Flatten the rear sight back out, try and get it centered if you've gone left or right with it, and align the dots when you aim focusing on hitting the target directly where that front dot is sitting. Don't level the front post against the rears, your gun will already be pointing down 4-6" if you do so.

Now that we've handled the vertical side of things, lets get to the "shooting left" portion of things. There's a good chance that you're unknowingly milking the grip, basically just before the trigger breaks you're squeezing your grip tighter in anticipation of recoil. When you grip the gun, get a strong grip and maintain it. I would recommend getting a set of snap caps if you don't have any already and practice dry firing the gun with a coin on top of the slide behind the front sight. Once you can get the trigger pulled consistently with no movement from the coin, try out your newly developed skills at the range. The dry firing with a coin trick is a good skill to keep practicing, adding more coins presents a bit more of a challenge and helps to hone both trigger and grip control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize I'm quite late to chime in on this topic but have you ever found a solution to your pt111 g2 sight problem? Just bought mine and I'm having the same issue

Saw your newer post amongst the others several years old

Bought my PT111 G2 5 days ago. Went to range and my son and I were both shooting low/right. Read online it is not unusual with a new small lightweight pistol to shoot low/left UNLESS you are left handed, we are both left handed which is why we were low/right.

Adjusted sight height and reviewed our shooting class instruction. I went back a second time while son was in school and easily shot 4 inch groups at 7 yards. He will do much better I am sure because he is better shot than the old man.

Adjust your sight height and carefully take your time shooting. Especially trigger pull. Get the accuracy first, the speed will come with practice.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The PT111 G2 seems to shoot best when the front sight is on the target ..sights should be like this xIx instead of lining up the dots straight across like this xxx with the center dot just under the target. at least thats how it works for me....concentrate on covering the bullseye with the front sight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts