Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get the 24/7 but the price for this weapon was lower and I liked it more.
It was used but VERY little apparently. I can only get 16 rounds in the magazine and I had to fight it to do that much. Going to let it sit overnite and see if it is any better tomorrow.
Will post pics when I get some time.
What are your opinions good or bad about this weapon?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
congrats,i dont know anything about it.but i have 2 24/7 pro 9mm and yet to fire them as i only had them about 2 weeks and had to work those weekends and i am off this weekend and they are calling for rain.o well maybe one weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went out and shot about 16 rounds and WOW! Now granted, I graduated to this weapon from a High Point 9mm so forgive me if I am giddy.
The trigger is amazing. I'm glad I was ready to shoot because as soon as I TOUCHED the trigger....Blam! I am soo pleased with my new purchase!
Loading the mag is murder on my fingers!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
nice, im actually looking for a 909 my self with no luck of a nib nor a used one insight locally.
im curious how much did you pay for it? and wheres the pictures?

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition of a Taurus PT909! ;D

It will use the same magazines and grips as the PT92 series, which I have, as the gripframe is very similar. The top slide assembly is basicly the same as my PT908, which has been a very good pistol.

Should be a very durable, reliable, and accurate pistol. Almost bought one. Went for a 9mm 24/7 Pro instead. Still might get one later, should the opportunity arise. I use a Safariland 9mm/40 Mag loader to load my Magazines. HKS makes really good magazine loaders, too! I wholeheartedly recommend them!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This phone photo is all I can get right now as I have a tendency to leave my digital camera on after I download pics to the computer and thus run the batteries dead.
I paid $375 for it LNIB.
I know it wasn't the best deal but I only get one gun a year right now so I'm quite satisfied.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I still need a PT909 to go with my PT908 and PT945 :D

·
Administrator
18,113 Posts
Very Nice! I think you got a decent deal! My FFL wanted $450 plus tax for a new one, when I went shopping. My 9mm 24/7 was $420 with tax. As Taurus had discontinued the PT909, wholesale prices on new ones had jumped up some when I went shopping for one.

They are very nice pistols! Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for sharing the eye-candy with us, it's always greatly appreciated. :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think someone here reported that PT92/99 mags work fine in the PT909 and maybe the PT911 too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts