Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've only put 35 rounds through it but I love it. My other pistol is a glock 26 which I enjoy that too. But the 1911 is just awesome. The only issue I have is that the trigger is loose but I will deal until I find a solution.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :thumb:

As you've noticed, 1911's are habit forming.;)

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth Texas

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You are starting your Taurus adventure from the top. Congratulations!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You are starting your Taurus adventure from the top. Congratulations!
I quite agree!

Starting at the top, for sure. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome, what do you mean by loose overtravel? vertically? side to side?
when not under pressure it has play from side to side and up and down. not a whole lot but just some play.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Which finish is your PT1911?

Mine is the aluminum version = PT1911AL

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
when not under pressure it has play from side to side and up and down. not a whole lot but just some play.
I just went and checked mine. I does the same thing. Mine works extremely well so I'm going to say, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
36,598 Posts
you are going to have bit of free movement on a stock 1911 trigger!
the Taurus trigger does have an over travel adjustment on it for trigger pull!
i can't remember if Taurus has a forward travel adjustment on the trigger bow or not!
some of my 1911's do, but its been so long since i been inside my Taurus i can't remember about them?
the best thing that can be done is to fire about 200 plus rounds through that puppy after a good field strip and cleaning and re-lube!
welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
36,598 Posts
Mine is the PT1911B its a 2007 model i picked up that was still new in the box at a friends gun shop.
HMM! same one as I have!
so does it have the Hienie Straight Eight sights?
the only thing about those years is that occasionally the Pt 1911 had problem with the ambi safety seperating on them (the right side would not work the thumb safety), if you run into that problem you can send it to Taurus for retro fitting with the newer ambi safety or do what i did and put a left side only safety on it.
Enjoy, great pistolas!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Great choice! The PT 1911 is a fantastic weapon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts