Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here and new to Taurus. I picked up a 740 slim the other day at a gun show for $325. I am excited to take it to the range for the break-in. I do have a few questions for those familiar. I purchased some snap caps, and a Pearce grip extension already. I am thinking about a Hogue slip on. Anybody have experience with these? Also, what is a good break-in ammo? And, any IWB holster recommendations? BTW, I have already cleaned out the factory grease and re-oiled. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help.
Keith

·
Super Moderator
40,579 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! I dont have a 740 but a lot of people do so someone will be able to give you some pointers. As far as ammo, I use WWB since it is cheap and I rarely have any issues with it.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Welcome from N Carolina!!! Don't have a 740, but have a 709 (9mm version), and sounds like you're on the way to having fun w/ that gun!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome from NE Tarrant County!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN just jump right in. :) It sounds like you have a good start on a successful first trip. Sometimes you need to clean the mags there is a waxy substance that you can scrap off with your finger nail. Other then that have a great time and give us a range report when you get back. They are a vary popular gun here so you should have fun.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee; the Birthplace of Sam Houston; Concerning the Hogue Grip, I have the Hogue Grip and Pearce extensions on my PT709 and the Hogue makes my shirt ride up over the pistol and exposes it, I suppose it is the tackyness of the rubber that makes the shirt ride up exposing the pistol; Not good if you are trying to conceal.

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!