Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, and First time on this forum.
I just bought a PT111 G2. Put 50 rounds thru it yesterday. Love the gun.
Bought s Bull Dog ankle holster for it...fits fine but the butt of the gun sticks out a little too much.
Ordered a Sticky Holster and will see if that will work for deep concealment. May get a DeSantis sof-tuk as well (I use one with my SW 915).

Question: Is it ok to keep the trigger in the "ready" position? I am not sure how to ask the question.
I have a SW 915 and you drop the hammer, round in chamber, go to bed. But with a striker fired pistol, does the spring of the trigger wear down if the trigger is always in ready mode? is there any way to keep a round in the chamber of a PT111 G2 without having the trigger in "ready" mode?

Thanks

BH

·
21,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Spring worries are essentially a thing of the past. Decades past. Use it as the owner's manual instructs, and you're fine. If you drop the hammer on a pistol as part of the manual of arms, it's a DA/SA pistol. Striker fired pistols work very differently. They are rarely kept at full cock the way, say, a 1911 is. I use my Taurii that can be used in condition one in condition one. My 1911s get used that way too. No harm will come of it.

Oh, and personally, I wouldn't use an ankle holster for any double stack gun. TCP, sure. Something like a Walther or Makarov, maybe. But anything later, no way. But there are lots of issues with ankle carry in general, if you ask me.

Again, glad you're with us!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome from South Texas to the best forum on the web. Congrats on a great choice of handgun.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Perfectly fine to keep it in condition 0 (+1 chambered, safety off) or condition 1 (+1 chambered, safety on).

I'd recommend putting at least 200 rds through the firearm with a single magazine (then designate the mag as the main) to wear in the pistol, get used to its characteristics, and weed out any potential issues. Mag failure is a reality and I view each new mag as a "new firearm" that needs to be tested. You don't want to be in the middle of defending yourself only to find your well tested pistol with an untested mag failed to feed. It gives the BG (bad guy) an opportunity to return fire...sure you can change mags but chances are your time will run out as it only takes seconds to empty an entire mag.

Don't concern yourself too much about babying your firearm...the violent explosions from fired rounds does more damage to your gun than anything you can manually inflict.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!
I keep the 111-G2 in condition 1 (cocked and locked), and don't forsee any issues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Perfectly fine to keep it in condition 0 (+1 chambered, safety off) or condition 1 (+1 chambered, safety on).

I'd recommend putting at least 200 rds through the firearm with a single magazine (then designate the mag as the main) to wear in the pistol, get used to its characteristics, and weed out any potential issues. Mag failure is a reality and I view each new mag as a "new firearm" that needs to be tested. You don't want to be in the middle of defending yourself only to find your well tested pistol with an untested mag failed to feed. It gives the BG (bad guy) an opportunity to return fire...sure you can change mags but chances are your time will run out as it only takes seconds to empty an entire mag.

Don't concern yourself too much about babying your firearm...the violent explosions from fired rounds does more damage to your gun than anything you can manually inflict.
+1 on the mag check. One of mine nose dives hollow points, the other is just fine. Both run fmj's perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts