Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and girls I have taken the first step in buying my first gun I went and visited my local gun shop and spoke to a very good guy behind the counter. As most of you know I'm waiting on my Residency :bang: but I'm hoping to have that soon :thumb: the guy said all I need is 4 months of bills or things to say I've been here 90 days and to get around not having my Residency card just yet all I need is to get a hunting license and he said that by the official book he read. Now all I have to do Is get the down payment and I be ready to go OK sorry about being so long winded but I'm so happy to be getting my own gun. And It will be a 24/7 I held it in my hand and it felt great :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
You won't be disappointed.....it shoots terrific.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have to agree with texastaurusguy. I held one at a gunshow last Saturday, bought it about an hour later, and shot it Sunday. Feels great. Personally, I'd prefer a 3 dot sight, but I'm sure I can get used to the Straight Eights.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I know this isn't the stylish position to take, but I personally like the straight-eight sights, I've had very good accuracy with them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I know this isn't the stylish position to take, but I personally like the straight-eight sights, I've had very good accuracy with them.
So far, I've put maybe 50 rounds thru it. Maybe once I get used to them, it might be different. However with my PT92, I was dead on with the 3dot sight. Practice makes perfect I guess. I'm still confused on how to use the Straight Eight sights though. I understand that you line them up, so the look like an 8, but should the top dot be on target, or just below it. I've read both throughout this site. How do you personally use it?

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
There are many previous threads out there about this subject that maybe one of the moderators can provide some links for you to.....but in a nutshell, at 25 yards (I believe) you should put the top circle of the '8' directly on top of what you are shooting at. At 7 yards, I lower the '8' just a hair.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
RogueAussie said:
OK guys and girls I have taken the first step in buying my first gun
RogueAussie, congratulations on getting your first gun here and welcome to the U.S. My best friend is Australian. Australian's are some of the best defenders of freedom in the world. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
when I bought my pt1911 the Heinie sights drove me crazy but after 600 rounds I started to get the hang of them they seem to be faster once you get used to them. I also added the nightsiters to them and they are so bright even during the day it helps you get used to them faster. I light them up at the indoor range and can't believe the difference. congrats on your almost new gun the 24/7 is an excellent gun and feels great in your hand if I did'nt like my XD-9 so well I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
+1 i like the straight 8' also

1 - 15 of 15 Posts