Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a G2C last week and a G3 today. I've put about 200 rds through each. The G2C had 3 malfunctions. After the very first shot I had a stovepipe and then after the 3rd shot I had a double feed and somewhere done the line a failure to go into battery. The G3 had a failure to go into battery towards the end of the 200 rd mark. I cleaned the G2C before I shot it. I shot the G3 right out of the box. Both guns were accurate and pleasant to shoot. The G2C came with what appears to be Amerglo night sights. I think the trigger is definitely better on the G3. The G3 had some machining marks that are visible on the barrel. I'm not crazy about the finish on either gun. However, it's kind of expected at this price point. I paid 280 something for the G2C because it already had night sights and 256 and change for the G3. I would like to put a few more rounds through the G2C just to make sure I don't have any more issues but I'm happy with both purchases. I think both guns offer a lot of value for the money. Looking to pick up another mag for the G3. My gun store didn't have any in stock yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new purchases I hope a good cleaning and lube along with plenty of exercise will resolve the mechanical problems. Nice report.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I haven't even seen the G3 around my area yet, but certainly want to check one out. Thanks for the report! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts