Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my 9mm this weekend from my ffl. Luckily he lives out in the country so I walked outside and put up some targets to cycle thru. Wanted to make sure there were no hiccups before I left. So this is my first pistol to own and love it already. Here is my groupings from 7 yards. I'm pleased for now. I plan to take a few training classes and get lots of range time. I'm looking forward bouncing ideas of you great group of people. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance.

Muddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I envy you...at least for a week or so. :rolleyes: Nice shooting and congratulations on your purchase.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
Congrats on your new PT111G2. I am anxiously waiting on my second to appear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all. Planning on hitting Spring Gun & Ammo range after work tomorrow to put another 100 round thru it. I want to keep this beauty smooth. Any suggestions on cleaning do's & dont's?

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
What is the best way to clean the firing pin channel?

After removing the slide, spray some gun scrubber or the cheaper non chlorinated brake cleaner into the hole the firing pin comes out of. Shouldnt need to completely dissassemble the slide unless you feel confident enough to do it. Then spray compressed air in to help dry it out. Some folks like to use a dry lube on the firing pin but you don't want to get it oiled up. Oil attraxts the gunk and clogs the channel and can give you problems. I usually don't put any lube back on it myself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts