Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, grew up very much a rifle shooter. Groundhog hunter (deer are far too big, and far too close), and pistol enthusiast. Father owns a 30-30, 22/250, multiple shotguns, a black powder, and a gorgeous 50s .22 long rifle 6 shot, federal issue revolver, the reason I mention these is because unless you count my lever action .22 remington rifle, this is my first firearm. I was very impressed by the quality, feel, and features that Taurus offered. I got a good deal on the gun, bought it brand new, and looking forward to putting the first few hundred rounds through it.

For all the other mid-20s out there, there is nothing like sitting down with your father, after years of teaching, and having him watch you clean your first firearm.

I hope to be a valuable asset to this community,

Thanks,

Terry Spalding

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Turry, Welcome aboard from the sandpile. I wish my dad would have been into shooting as is yours. You must have many wonderful memories. Maybe one day you can do the same for your youngun's.
Jump in. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Congrats on your Taurus!! Sounds like a nice relationship you have / are developing with your Dad. I have two boys ( and two girls ). They are really not into the cleaning part of shooting sports yet. I hope their interest continues... sometimes it skips a generation ;)
Welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum Turrry, it's good to see a fellow Louisvillian join the board. :)

Taurus and Ruger offer the best bang for the buck, so to speak. Much like the old Doritos commercials, you can't stop with just one -- not by a longshot. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys, working on the requirements for CCW today, thought I'd go ask around at the government center until I found an answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.