Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
11,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

Reactions: Bear007

9,962 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Arkansas. Wow..jumped into the revolver game big time!!! I have a few 44 revolver's and reloading is the way to go for ammo.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

I owned a Taurus Raging Bull in 44 for several years, a great revolver. The porting really helped with recoil.

· Registered
57 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Arkansas. Wow..jumped into the revolver game big time!!! I have a few 44 revolver's and reloading is the way to go for ammo.

View attachment 494692

I owned a Taurus Raging Bull in 44 for several years, a great revolver. The porting really helped with recoil.
44 Redhawk, (iron sights) Buck.
Head Dartboard White Elk Deer

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Welcome! Taurus M44, hmmm. That's a heck of an introduction to revolvers. I also have the 6 1/2 model as well as a 4". I don't hunt with either of mine, but they're loads of fun to shoot. The big Taurus revolvers just seem to soak up the recoil. They were both great right out of the box, but I sweetened the triggers up with spring kits from Galloway Precision and replaced the rubber grips with wood grips from Hogue.

· Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the sunshine state. A .44 magnum is a heck of a choice for a first revolver.
A .44 magnum has a pretty steep learning curve if you are just getting into shooting. Take the time to practice until you are confident that you have mastered it enough for a humane kill.

· Registered
414 Posts
Welcome from South Texas!

My first handgun and my first revolver were the same gun, a S&W Model 13 4" barrel 357 Magnum K-Frame, one of the last P&R examples. The next important thing I learned in this subject matter area was the utility of Pachmayr aftermarket grips!

I've never owned any Taurus revolvers but I think you're going to enjoy your M44!

· Registered
7,607 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

· Registered
2,615 Posts
I have an older M44, I believe is a 6 7/8" barrel, it is a 6 shot and I can easily hit a 10" steel plate at 100 yards with it.
It is a hoot to shoot and My favorite backup or even primary gun for hog hunting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts