Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to the range with the RDB. Monday was 10/22 so I played hooky from work.
Started out loading only 1 round in the mag to test the bolt locks back. Then ran a few to zero it in. Shot it at 50y from the bench and standing. It's so light and compact. I ran 200 rounds of WInchester 5.56 thru it in an hour with no malfunctions. The handguard gets quite warm, especially at the pin. Had to let it cool down before putting it away.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the RDB review. How about the ergo's, does it feel better than a standard AR15?
I like the ergos of the RDB, but I'm not a big guy. Takes a bit to get used to the mag release and bolt release. And you can do the HK slap on the charging handle.

I am wondering how it will go at an outdoor range when I have to use a chamber flag. It comes with a flag and it's a bit different. Have to lock the charging handle back, and turn the rifle over to insert the chamber flag.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Great shooting.:cool:

Reactions: Konyo312

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Oooooo.. I really want one of those. Nice rifle!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
You are both heathens and I no longer can stand the sight of yous!

:hail::hail::hail:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Also you don't have to run all over the place to police your brass. That's a huge plus when you are old and not as slim as I once was.
Heh. Two of my ARs practically stack the brass in neat little piles at 3 o clock, while my 18" one throws them all over the place.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Heh. Two of my ARs practically stack the brass in neat little piles at 3 o clock, while my 18" one throws them all over the place.

That's been one of the chief considerations, beyond bullpuppy for wanting one of these beauties - brass in a bucket.

One of my AR's will put all my brass in a 5 gallon bucket at 4 o'clock and 4 yards distance, one kind of does a limited sprinkler patters between 3 and 5 and 5 yards of heft...just wish they made an RDB in .300 BLK....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts