Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up my first PT1911 this weekend,was missing my old RIA but have become such an advocate for Taurus that I had to have one,feels like christmas.Will post pics on arrival.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!! My PT1911 is on the table beside me as I type.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!! My PT1911 is on the table beside me as I type.
Thats funny, so is mine, actually it hasnt been out of my reach since it was broken in and made my carry weapon.

OP welcome to TA.net from North Carolina and congratulations on your fine purchase of the Taurus PT1911. You will not be disappointed. Again welcome.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from the Great State of Mississippi, and congrats on your incoming PT1911! ;)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrats and welcome to TA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I've been looking for a while and just kinda happened upon a good deal on this one, I've already got a shoppig cart full of goodies for it.

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Welcome aboard the forum. Use caution, this site can be additive. As can be the Taurus line of product and the 1911 itself.
Post up a photo when you get the chance so we can all share in you new purchase.

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
Welcome aboard the forum. Use caution, this site can be additive. As can be the Taurus line of product and the 1911 itself.
Post up a photo when you get the chance so we can all share in you new purchase.
Rumors!! Old Wives tales, unsupported statements!! --never bothered me in the least!!

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you amongst us!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive noticed this aleady,think I've logged about 12 hours on here this week alone. Mostly drooling over picture threads, but there are worse vices out there!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
congrats and you did choose a very fine 1911. i shoot my pt 1911 more than my other 1911's,it is very accurate and will eat any ammo you run through it. i have yet to find a ammo that won't run through my pt 1911. my reloads are extremely accurate. i can split a playing card at 10 yds. and drive a 16d framing nail at 10 yds. two shots i practice on a regular basis. i started at 5 yds. than progressed to 7 yds. and now 10yds. usually with in 8-10 shots i can pull it off,once and a while i get lucky and can do it quicker.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Rumors!! Old Wives tales, unsupported statements!! --never bothered me in the least!!

RIIIIGHT,rumors and wives tails. Then why is it I have a hankerin to fork over some greenbacks for another 1911 every time I see your collection or visit the picture thread. Ya big SHOWOFF...:D

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
RIIIIGHT,rumors and wives tails. Then why is it I have a hankerin to fork over some greenbacks for another 1911 every time I see your collection or visit the picture thread. Ya big SHOWOFF...:D
I just try to do my part to help the economy!!!----:devil:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome fron tn, my son has one and just loves it i think you wii be very happy with yours

·
Registered
36,455 Posts
PIcking my 2nd one up on monday. .45 Duotone.........just got the PT1911 in 9mm
Nice Choice!!!!!
I like my Duo-tone about as good as any 1911 that i have and after going through it and smoothing it up(no change in parts) its a very , very accurate and smooth weapon.
I like the looks of the Duo-tone better than my Colt Govenment Combat Elite actually.-- stainless frame and blued slide.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts