Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my first Taurus (24/7 OSS .40) last friday and had to wait untill yesterday to shoot it. It was certainly worth the wait. The gun performed flawlessly with WWB and some once fired brass ultramax from Cabelas. Among 4 of us we we had out the OSS, S&W 622 VR, Glock 35, Browning High Power, S&W 629 .44, 2 scoped .22 rifles and a scoped 870. All of the guns were great except the Glock 35 had a light primer strike ftf. I guess he needed one of those second chance trigger things. I just wanted to share my experience and thank everyone here for convincing it was ok to buy a Taurus. I will attemt to attach a couple of pics because as I understand it if there are no pics then the gun does not exist.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
What a beautiful weapon! Love the black and tan.

Welcome to the forum, oh and you need some more guns ;D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congratulations! The Taurus OSS pistols are great ones and yours is one of them. If I don't still owe Bud's some $, I would get an OSS .45 ACP in stainless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More guns thats what i keep Telling my wife!

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congrats on a fine purchase and welcome to the forum from central Ohio!

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum and great looking guns, Just jump right in. :)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the forum of TaurusArmed.net.

Congratulations on buying, perhaps, the best handgun you will ever own. The OSS is one very fine pistol!

Mine is a .45 ACP and I LOVE it!

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Welcome and thanks for the report. I love the black and tan also. Nice looking pistol! Congratulations!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again to all. I put about 120 through it saturday and it was a dream to shoot and one of the nicest pistols I have ever shot (Granddad has a Kimber that comes out of the safe every once in a while. Although I dont have the funds for anything right now I think Granddad is going to give me his Colt Commander(he never liked it anyhow). He has mild parkinsons so he does not shoot a wholelot now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome NJshooter!
I know just how you feel. I had a similar first time out experience with my 24/7 a couple weeks ago. After 700 rounds total in two weekends, the gun is now broken in and running perfectly, smooth as can be and accurate.

Congratulations on a smokin' looking .40 OSS!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
jted welcome. was just wondering if you could post a close up picture of your mag. on here would like to see what the bottom plate looks like. I'm having trouble getting the right mag bottom for my 40 cds. would appreciate it thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
Welcome. Seems like you guys had a fun day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Ugly Tall Texan™ said:
Welcome. Seems like you guys had a fun day.
My wife was pretty upset that she didn't get to shoot that day. I only put about 120 rounds through the OSS but I did save some ammo for her so I will try to get her out this weekend.

On a side note for anyone who is recoil sensitive the OSS is the way to go. Compared to the Glock 35 the OSS was a very tame pistol to shoot. The Glock seemed to have a lot more muzzle flip and was much more difficult to get back on target.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts