Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this will be my first thread since joining the forum and what a great forum it is.
i got my model 82 out of quarantine yesterday i went to the gun club today. i shot a couple rounds of skeet and shot the 38 special. all i can say is this is an excellent shooter, very accurate. sorry no pictures of gun or target so you have to take my word. i shot at 10 yds. free hand but single action, 1 1/2 inch group of six, low to the left about 1"
the temp. was at 33 degrees so hands were cold and i will have to put some color on sights as blue on blue in dreary weather is hard to see. overall i see more tarus guns in my future.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Sounds like some great shooting indeed!

congratulations013.gif

·
Super Moderator
40,611 Posts
Congrats on the 82!

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Congrats on your new to you 82! The Model 82 is one of the longest running revolvers made by Taurus. For a basic service type revolver it's pretty hard to beat!

·
Premium Member
11,221 Posts
Congrats on the "new/old" model 82. And welcome to the best gun forum on the net.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome to the 82 lovers club! We put white nail polish on the front sights to make it easier to see as it is easily removed with nail polish remover whenever desired in the future! :)

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Awesome shooting. The 82 may be my absolute favorite gun... My 4" blued circa 2008 gun just feels perfect in my hand. Love the engineering, the sight picture, the point and shoot feel! I can shoot that gun double action almost as fast as I can shoot my autos!

·
Administrator
35,527 Posts
Congrats ! I love the model 82, it's the most basic, no-nonsense self defense revolver in Taurus' lineup. I've never heard of one that was a bad shooter, they're pretty smooth and very accurate. Keep shooting it, and post some pics when you can !

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations in your Model 82!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats on the 82!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your gun!

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
Congrats on the new to you revolver.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Congrats on your new to you Model 82.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Congratulations on the new possession, but the denizens of this forum require photographic corroboration of any claim to dispel any concern that the content of said post is NOT factitious confabulation. In other words,

:nopics:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Congrats!! I'm a skeet shooter too. Also love shooting pistols.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts