Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquiring minds would like to know where the first place you carried to and what where you carrying.

For me it was my PT145 and I went to wally world for a tooth brush and tooth paste. Got to keep the breath fresh while carrying ;D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
do you mean like which store or business?

iirc it was a speedway gas station.
was carrying my pt92

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joe sixpack said:
do you mean like which store or business?

iirc it was a speedway gas station.
was carrying my pt92
Anywhere besides the obvious like to the car or to the trash cans, somewhere outside your property.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
S&W Model 36 2-inch snubbie in Grand Central Station in NYC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NYPD said:
S&W Model 36 2-inch snubbie in Grand Central Station in NYC.
Guaranteed youll probably be the only one that carried there, considerin civilians cant carry weapons in NY.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Brother Michigan said:
Coincidentally, today was my very first day carrying my PT145. I went to the Dentist to have some stitches taken out and then out for lunch.
Congrats!

·
Registered
509 Posts
GaPt145 said:
Guaranteed youll probably be the only one that carried there, considerin civilians cant carry weapons in NY.
Why not, I carried in the city all the time.
I'd be hauling diamonds and gold from 27th and 6th back to Jewelers in Connecticut.
But then Again, I spent 3K on getting permission.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
GaPt145 said:

The right to carry there is not denied.
You can get a carry permit in NYC if you're a civilian. It's just not very simple. NYC isn't Illinois or Wisconsin.

Bulldog---don't you mean 47th Street and 6th Ave?---thats the Diamond District.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NYPD said:
You can get a carry permit in NYC if you're a civilian. It's just not very simple. NYC isn't Illinois or Wisconsin.

Holy Crap i never knew that i thought we was oone of those states that u cant get a permit well at least in the city. I know you can get one if you live upstate.

·
Registered
509 Posts
NYPD said:

No, I am talking the REAL diamond district where the Hasidic Jews Cut the Diamonds and Emeralds up and Fit the stones into settings.
47th is where they sell em yes, but if you walk straight out of the Fashion Institute building onto the street before you, 27th (It's a bit up hill) All those old buildings warehouse buildings have all the Jewel cutters on the east coast that are any good!
I use to be a sort of Quasi Armed Courier and BG for them. The pay rocked too!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
My first time was only last November and it was with my PT145. Though I don't recall for certain if Walmart was the first place, it certainly was one of the first places. I do remember I did not make a special trip to "try it out."

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
In another thread somewhere, I admitted my first was only to a local Hobby Shop!! However, after being beaten on with a wet noodle by Smoke, I did make the Wally World Walk!!

You know people do not even notice a gun, concealed or open around here. I think I could strap a LAW rocket on my belt and all you would hear was, is that a revolver???

·
Registered
509 Posts
Robby said:
In another thread somewhere, I admitted my first was only to a local Hobby Shop!! However, after being beaten on with a wet noodle by Smoke, I did make the Wally World Walk!!

You know people do not even notice a gun, concealed or open around here. I think I could strap a LAW rocket on my belt and all you would hear was, is that a revolver???
Dude if they can't see it, the ones that will do harm can't either.
Good job!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Robby said:
that would be funny, stuff it down you pant leg then you can tell people you got a rocket in your pants.. or a pocket rocket and you're not being crude.

·
Registered
509 Posts
GaPt145 said:
Holy Crap i never knew that i thought we was oone of those states that u cant get a permit well at least in the city. I know you can get one if you live upstate.
Nope NYC is a Limited Rights "May Issue" City the state is may issue also.
An NYC permit though is only good in NYC, it does not extent to the rest of the state, you need a NY state permit issued by the State police.
Getting an NYC CCW is harder than chewing a spoonful of titanium and EXPENSIVE as all to get, the process lasts FOREVER but it can be done if you know the right lawyer and he knows the right people.

Whatever you do, just, do not Enter the city without one and a firearm, because that is a MAJOR felony and you will go to prison, it's mandatory.
NYCPD would know better though as to the rules for NYC.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Bulldog is correct on all counts in his prior post except for one. You can travel through NYC with a firearm as long as it is unloaded and in a locked case and the ammunition is kept separate from the firearm.

Just don't get caught with a loaded gun without a NYC carry permit. You'll be up the river without a paddle. Remember NY State does not recognize any other State when it comes to carry permits.

·
Registered
509 Posts
NYPD said:
Bulldog is correct on all counts in his prior post except for one. You can travel through NYC with a firearm as long as it is unloaded and in a locked case and the ammunition is kept separate from the firearm.

Just don't get caught with a loaded gun without a NYC carry permit. You'll be up the river without a paddle. Remember NY State does not recognize any other State when it comes to carry permits.
Yep, but I meant locked and loaded carry.
NYC does not even recognize state and county issued permits If I remember correctly.
But hey, you have to make it through New Jersey first.
New Jersey will even take a LEOs loaded weapon from another agency!
They are really strict about it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
The first placed I carried was church, I carry a PT140. Most people think only BG's would carry a gun to church, well, if a BG shows up with a gun I want to be armed!

·
Registered
56 Posts
First place I carried was in a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I had my 1911, it was awkward as hell and I felt super self-conscious. It didn't take long though to shake that kind of feeling. Now I know I have it on but it's more of a after thought than anything else.

I think I had more of a time getting over carrying "one in the pipe" then I did my apprehensions of carrying concealed. I've since switched several carry weapons and my weapon of choice now is a M&P45. Not a bad gun to conceal even on your hip(being a taller guy helps), I'd say it is about the same as my 24/7 Pro. My 1911 was the hardest due to it's barrel lenght.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts