Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up my fourth Taurus pistol tonight and I hope it treats me as well as the other three. I haven't had a chance to shoot it but i notice you have to pull that slide back full force to chamber a round in this thing. Is that normal for the TCP or did I buy a lemon? I'm praying with some use she loosens up and smooths out or Taurus is gonna have another gun to work on. Do you guys have any feeding issues with yours and anybody have any ideas on how to tell the wife I just bought another pistol?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hey bob2968,

What you described is normal for the dimunitive little TCP.

Don't write her off until you give it a thorough, deep cleaning, and then a light lube job, and put some rounds through that "puppy"!

Good luck, and let us hear back from you after you have a couple of firing sessions with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The store where i bought it said they would trade it for another new one so I thought I would try that and see if another one would be better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Ive only shot four magazines through it so far so not enoughto loosen it up yet. As long as you rack it hard and fast it chambers just fine though. While shooting though it feeds the next round without problems.

·
Registered
36,474 Posts
The smaller the pistol the less tolerance it will have for user error, ammunition, and dirt.
the springs in the lil pistol are very small and lightweight, the slide is very lightweight, any semi pistol appreciates being operated in a somewhat rough manner, IE: don't baby them!
pull the slide rearward and let it go!
set the magazine in the gun with a firm push or slap, hold the gun tight when firing it.
they will like you better for the rough treatment.
can't help with the other matter!
I don't ask the wife about her shoes, she don't ask me about my guns!
well except when we can go shoot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine did the same thing jamed on every round in mag when hand cycle . smoothed out inward curves on ramp and polished. took mag and bent first quarter of lips up slightly. smoothed out any burs. front of bullet pointing up slightly. hand cycles and shoots perfect now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
At first mine did the same thing you are describing. It wouldn't hand load a round into chamber at all without pushing the slide forward. It would shoot and reload perfect though. A couple boxes of ammo later and it does load by hand now.

·
Registered
339 Posts
mine did the same thing jamed on every round in mag when hand cycle . smoothed out inward curves on ramp and polished. took mag and bent first quarter of lips up slightly. smoothed out any burs. front of bullet pointing up slightly. hand cycles and shoots perfect now.
this is the fix that worked on mine and i think the real fix for many of these guns.

you traded the gun before you ever even shot it?

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The store where i bought it said they would trade it for another new one so I thought I would try that and see if another one would be better.
Well now, Bob, you can't beat that!

It appears that you're dealing with a good, reputable dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea he took it back without blinking an eye. I have bought four guns and endless ammo from him so he is pretty good to me. I cleaned up this new TCP and chambered some rounds in it and its flawless. Much much easier to chamber a round and I feel much more confident with this firearm. Thanks again for all the great advise you guys always are a lot of help.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You must know that this will come sooner or later ...
:nopics:

Best of luck with your new gun.

Reactions: bob2968
1 - 12 of 12 Posts