Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
NP, Its easy to do. I even polished the cylinder on my striker ;)
TG for the dremel tool and the buffing wheel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
James41 2. This is the first time i have shot a gun with a striker system like it has. Is this a common thing with strikers... shot 200 rounds through the gun and had 5 that did not fire. Even pulling the trigger repeatedly did not fire the round and when ejected there was not a mark one on the primer. [/quote said:
I noticed the same thing on Taurus revolvers. Read the thread on "44 Mag Tracker light Primer Strikes" where I nailed the problem down on my revolver.
Here is what I believe "may" be possible. Taurus may have one too many coils in their firing pin return springs for both revolvers and pistols. My Ti Tracker would light em' of in single action mode, but not in douple action mode. In short, I clipped a coil and a half off of the firing pin return spring and been livin' in joy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Taurus OSS is 40 S&W and generally like the gun. I have fired 600 rounds through it without a problem. Mostly lead that my friend loaded. My biggest gripe is the stock sights and the guns out of the box to shoot low and left. We really had to move the rear sight way to the right to solve left. There is no way a gun should be that far off. Perhaps a better adjustment would be front site a little left rear sight a little right.

In contrast my S&W M&P in 9MM - dead on both up and down at 25 yards. The sights on the M&P are much easier to see - much, much easier. Based on another review, I just installed Wilson Fire Sights (fiber optic) -with red rear and green front - 100X better than the stock Novaks. The combination of small dots; too small of a slot in the rear sight, and a white paint that would better be described as dirty white really hurt the gun's accuacy.

I own 40 guns and 8 semis and the low and left isn't me - it's the gun out of the box. I don't want people to get the wrong idea. Overall, I like the gun, but there is no excuse for buyers to go through this much hassle to get their guns on target. Especially one with a 5.2 inch barrel. I am now looking forward to shooting it, because now I can actually see the sights.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts