Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say hi, this is my first post here, I have been lurking around for a while and have gotten lots of good info.

So I finally settled on a MIL PRO 145 for my next pistol. It feels great in my hand, looks sharp, I love the form factor for packin 10+1 45's and you can't beat the price. However, the first thing I noticed was that the mag release was sticky,no big deal, but other than that it looked good so I tore it down, cleaned and lubed it up then I decided to cycle some rounds through it as a function check before my first time goin hot....Not so good, first I couldn't get either mag to lock in with 10 rounds...but would if the slide was back or if there was only 9 in the mag and the release still sucks then at least 5 of the first 10 got jammed on ejection! I know that when firing there will be no bullets and the brass will be shorter but none of my other autos have this issue. Hoping this will all be changed after I go to the range and put a few hundred rounds through it. please don't yell at me for criticizing it before I shoot it but I have purchased many new firearms and have never been so skeptical right out of the box. I will report back after i get some range time, hopefully in the next two days before I leave for work for a week.

Thanks, D

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

I had similar situation as you with my PT111 that it is difficult to get loaded rounds to eject, but I have no problems when shooting. I hope this is the case with yours, as the Mil Pro's are great little guns. Just a reminder try to use a variety of weights, brands, and FMJ as well as Hollow Points. This will help you break it in well and teach you what it likes.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You've made a right choice with the PT145. Just take her to the range to see how she performs. Hand-cycling doesn't tell you the true story.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Everything seems to operate as advertised with my PT145 both manually operating it and firing. One thing that did help was cleaning the factory goo out of the thing before using it.

The trigger operation does takes some getting used to since it seems that they operate as a single action most of the time from what I gather on this sight. The trigger pull is very different from that I'm used to.

You'll be pleased on how it handles. Not a lot of kick and it operated well. No fail to fires, misloading, or clearing issues.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Welcome from Port Richey Fl.Congrats on the PT 145.I have had mine about a year.After firing a few rounds (150) at the range it started working great.The spring feels pretty strong and can fool you at times when hand cycling rounds.Just keep it clean and break it in at the range.I'm sure it will get better with time.Mine sure did.You will not find a better bunch of folks for advise or suggestions.Keep em in the 10X and good shooting.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

Many autoloaders take some "breaking in" to function smoothly no matter what the brand.

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
:wave:
I see you've already been told to clean the gun.
After you follow their advice, clean the gun.
The ejector, extractor, and striker channel are often coated with a thick grease that seems to be a genetic cross between cosmoline and gorilla glue. Once you get that out and a thinner, slipperier lube in, I'll bet that it will work just fine.
I have several guns (non-Tauri) that have an issue with inserting a magazine filled to advertised capacity into the gun with a closed slide. I figure they've engineered to to minimum size for the capacity and don't worry about it. Works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts