Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't have much time to shoot today. Only ran 65 rounds through it. Found the trigger pull to be a lot lomger than the last Glock 30/21 that I've owned, but it was very very accurate rihgt out the box. That is not te part that impressed me most........ my 14yr old son was with me and wanted to try his hand at it. I very rearly let him or any of my children shoot, but I do so it'll take the facination out and add the education into firearms handeling. Anyway, I was surprised at how well my son was able to adapt and control his shot placement. ...... He could not do this same thing with any of my Glocks and this is as far back as three months ago. The weapon may have a longer pull and this was evedanced by my son almost throwing his shot at the target, but at twenty feet he called a head shot and darned if he didn't get it. I noticed myself that the recoil was soft. And there was not any misfeeding at all. This was done with regular practice ammo I had laying around. Better than a Glock? I won't say better, but I will say it would be easier for somneone new to polymer 45 ACP's to master. Time to run saome hollow point ammo through it. Next up is some Remmington Express Subsonic ammo next week.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have the 45 ACP Tactical model and have nothing but praise for this particular pistol. A high-capacity, accurate, reliable .45 ACP --- what more could one ask for?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have the 4-inch compact model and have not had a single issue in over a year already. Extremely well made pistol and durable as they come.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've put several hundred rounds through my XD45 Tactical in the last few months & haven't had any issues. it's a great gun and it's design is well thought out. it's a fantastic bonus that it holds 13+1 (outside of CA, of course) :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I leave for Beeville and the Texas Parole Officers Training center and Accademy located on the Garza east unit in the morning. I'll be there training in some hand to hand combat as well as on the range. I'll let you know if the XD45 and I make the grade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I made it back from Beeville Texas. 710 miles from home and back. I must say that for a weapon that only had 60 rounds through it, it came through like a trooper. Only one FTF out of 400! I qualified no problem. The hand to hand stuff was harder though, but I passed that too. The trigger is a little long, but with some work it can be overcome. I might do some trigger work, but I think more practice is a better anserw.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Congratulations on qualifying and thanks for the update on the XD45.

Steelheart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts