I was embarrassing my son with some of my questions yesterday when he took me to the gun store so I thought I'd spare him further humiliation and ask some my questions here. I am getting a PT92 for my birthday today. It is my first handgun and this is my first post here. Here are my questions, if you guys can be super patient with a newbie.
- This gun seems to fit my needs perfectly. By what are the reasons why someone might choose to spend more for the Baretta over this one?
- How is the best way to store this? What kind of bag or box or holster, for example? What safety or safeties should I engage when I have it at home?
- I live in GA and don't plan on getting a carry permit. What are my limitations in taking my gun somewhere? Does it have to be unloaded or locked or something during transport, for example?
- What kinds of accessories do you guys recommend that I check into or avoid?
- I know that there are remanufactured and/or reloaded cartridges out there that might be appropriate for the gun range. What is your advice on these? If it is OK to use, are there any recommended sources for this?
- I assume it is best to clean the gun after every trip to the range. But what about between trips if it has been unused for a while?