Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gang I was holding out for a new upper for my AR when I spotted a Ruger 10/22 Internatinal hanging on the LGS's wall. The first thing that popped into my mind was my grandaughter and I new right then I was buying it for her.It has the Mannlicher stock and is blued,it has the checkering on the stock and forend with a deep dark finish. I am so looking forward to taking her out when the weather warms up. Just couldn't pass it up NIB $260 OTD Will post pic's soon...Dave

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congratulations! Hope it gives you many years of happiness.

Reactions: blackpanzer

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
I love the daylights out of my Grand kids, and I like you have used them as an excuse to purchase a new .22 rifle in the past. Funny how we can justify things. OK, got my little Grand dad dig in, Congratulations on the new ruger. I do believe that at some point everyone either has or should own one, at the very least fire one to see just want all the hype is about.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well gang I was holding out for a new upper for my AR when I spotted a Ruger 10/22 Internatinal hanging on the LGS's wall. The first thing that popped into my mind was my grandaughter and I new right then I was buying it for her.It has the Mannlicher stock and is blued,it has the checkering on the stock and forend with a deep dark finish. I am so looking forward to taking her out when the weather warms up. Just couldn't pass it up NIB $260 OTD Will post pic's soon...Dave
How old is your grandaughter? For Christmas I got a Cricket .22 LR single in pink for my grandaughter. She loves it an is a crack shot just like her dad. I started Mr Ed at 5 years old with an old Winchester rifle. BTW grandaughter will be five next month. It's a heritage that I hope my grandauhter will pass down to her kids.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How old is your grandaughter? For Christmas I got a Cricket .22 LR single in pink for my grandaughter. She loves it an is a crack shot just like her dad. I started Mr Ed at 5 years old with an old Winchester rifle. BTW grandaughter will be five next month. It's a heritage that I hope my grandauhter will pass down to her kids.
Grandaughter will be 6 in july she has been shooting my father's Remington 22 and it is a little to long for her. She doesn't know about it yet but keeps asking when we are going to go shooting. And congrats too you and your grandaughter for sharing....Dave

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! Hope it gives you many years of happiness.
Thank you Sir, it should provide us with many years. We do share a lot of interest in things. She goes 4 wheelin with me shoot's with me she also wanted to hunt with me this past year, maybe next year.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle!

I'll look forward to seeing the pics. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the daylights out of my Grand kids, and I like you have used them as an excuse to purchase a new .22 rifle in the past. Funny how we can justify things. OK, got my little Grand dad dig in, Congratulations on the new ruger. I do believe that at some point everyone either has or should own one, at the very least fire one to see just want all the hype is about.
Yup my grandkid's are the world to me, soon I will be buying another for my grandson who is 3.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yup. .22's are my favorite, lots of holes for just a few $$$....

Hunter.gif

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well gange here are some pic's IMG_2113.jpg IMG_2113.jpg IMG_2112.jpg

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Purty! Congrats, but I'm sure you'll test fire it some..you know just to make sure it's ok for her to use. ;)
:D Ya I will send a few down range, lookin to put a nice scope on first. Guess I better stock up on spme ammo.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking rifle,

Most don't like them but I am a sucker for a Mannlicher stocked gun!!
+1 on the stock, they also had a Ruger #1 with a Mannlicher stock but it was a bit out of my price range for right now....Dave

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Very nice choice for your grand daughter.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice choice for your grand daughter.
Thank you Sir as of now she doesn't know about it. I am waiting to take her out and see what she say's when she see's it for the first time. If the weather keep's going like it is it wont be long...Dave

1 - 18 of 18 Posts