Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,810 Posts
I MUCH prefer OWB with appropriate accoutrements to cover it. The TCP is fine for the pocket (with approved holster, of course) but anything larger and I just...can't get used...to IWB.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey southpaw, it's all about the wardrobe. IWB you can be nearly naked and still concealed.

·
22,034 Posts
This is why I only carry OWB (1911) or pocket (TCP).

Reactions: bamashooter

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Man IWB MOB so many years I don't know any different. I agree on the hip bolt, maybe some Loctite.:cool:

Reactions: Jlandis003

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That's a nice looking holster!

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
By the way, looks like that hip bolt needs a turn or two. It's starting to back out.
yep looks like his butt may fall off if he don't ratchet that thing down some!

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Hey southpaw, it's all about the wardrobe. IWB you can be nearly naked and still concealed.
Yea! I know sometimes after a really cold shower then I---- UHH ---OPPS probally shouldn't go here!!!---Never Mind!!!!---------:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
YUP! With cold weather here, I'm considering trying OWB with a shirt over. Guess it's like the first time carrying all over again, looking down trying to see if it's showing. :):)

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Yea! I know sometimes after a really cold shower then I---- UHH ---OPPS probally shouldn't go here!!!---Never Mind!!!!---------:icon_rolleyes:
oh man, kinky dude
:)

·
Registered
12,762 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
If it gets cold enough to ware a jacket all the time, I will switch to OWB; here in Florida it has to stay concealed at all times.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've always preferred OWB myself. Tried a few different IWB holsters and could just never get the feel for it. Being in VT it's not terribly important to be concealed, although it is almost always.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I never carried IWB or OWB. Pocket carry or shoulder holster open carry.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Pants w strong gunbelt, t-shirt, and one of these, left unbuttoned:
Orchids Of Hawaii Mens Hawaiian Shirts
Hilo Gardens Mens Hawaiian Shirts

unbuttoned w/ t-shirt, covers OWB, while leaving accessible for a reasonably quick draw. Carefree enough that only the breeze lets others know you are carrying. Makes you look enough like a tourist that most will write you off as such. Ensemble can be completed with shortpants, cargo shorts, deck shoes (or sandals) and a camera. Accomplishes the same goal as the "hunters vest" but w/o the conspicuousness (but also w/o the ammo pockets).

And crank in the butt-knob.

·
22,034 Posts
Oh yeah, Hawaiian shirts are great! I've got a couple of plaid shirts that work the same way. OWB really isn't hard to do right.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Oh yeah, Hawaiian shirts are great! I've got a couple of plaid shirts that work the same way. OWB really isn't hard to do right.
I only wear Hawaiian shirts an drive my Ferrari when I carry my 1911.---------------:D

Reactions: Lmstncwby
1 - 20 of 30 Posts