Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well I don't see it ever coming close to passing but they keep trying.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
15,147 Posts
It's these little chips that stop "The People" from going all 1776 on the current gov't. It's completely against the US Constitution and the will of the people. If they take too big of a chip, bad things will happen and given the current political climate here, I can see lots of people needlessly dying. Power corrupts and Absolute power corrupts absolutely. we need to start blowing up phones, faxes and emails of republicans primarily in the Senate as they are the ones who will block it, though I don't see a veto-proof majority voting for what the dems want at this time.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
First, the 80% thing is just a ATF regulation, they could change that without legislation if they wanted too.

Second, true there is no law preventing you from making your own gun but there's also no law requiring that you be supplied with an 80% completed receiver. Feel free to take a tree and a block of steel and a file and make one. Think of it as a 0% lower.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I keep putting off building that Polymer80 pistol I want so badly.....

....mainly because my choices in slides are more than another entire pistol.

Maybe I ought to just buy the "lower" before they disappear.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The way the demonrats see it is we are all talk. Something should be done about it through elections. And apparently something was and we lost.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Too much talk not enough action on gun owners part. If we continue to allow liberals to be elected they will continue to chip away at not just the 2nd amendment but all of our rights. Quit complaining and get out and vote. I have voted in every election that it was possible for me to vote in and I am 57.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,010 Posts
They are super left. Heck, they don't even like Nancy. This new generation of democratic politicians are radical left.
^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

I don’t think most Americans make the distinction between democrats anymore. The current crop of up and newcomers to the party bear no resemblance to your parents’ generation’s (or, even YOUR generation) definition of “democrat”. Time was that you couldn’t tell the difference between the two parties - except for the D or R beside their name. Nearly all the democrats of my youth would carry the definition of “moderate” Democrats. Occasionally you would hear someone referred to as “a little left of center” but that was about the worst definition out there. Swapping ones party affiliation was about as common as a “swinging lifestyle” - back in the day, of course.

Don’t want to carry this into politics anymore and essentially hijack this thread.

So, they’re bringing up a gun control bill before they even “officially” take over the majority of the house, huh! Remember, no swearing in occurs until January so, why bring this up now? For whatever reason, there is an extremely low chance this would ever get out of congress. Even after January.

Tinkering and self taught gunsmithing has pretty much accounted for the evolution and growth of this nation. It is Constitutionally protected. Even the current military firearms market owes much of its appreciation to “home tinkerers” and home gunsmiths which fed the civilian market long before the military came ‘a knockin’. The AR platform of the US was brought to fruition by Eugene Stoner - an engineer who had a gun hobby and home tinkerer; the AK platform was developed by a Russian tank sargent (Kalishnikov) who was recuperating from wounds sustained during battle. Neither firearm was developed at the request of their country’s military. Even Hitler, as a WWI vet, kept turning down requests to develop a full auto rifle - preferring they remain with the Krag which was the main weapon of WWI. The German military developed their full auto rifle in secret and demo’d it to Hitler ~ 1944 and he said something to the effect “this isn’t just a rifle, it’s a STORM (assault) Rifle” and dubbed it the Sturmgewher ‘44. A great weapon a couple of years too late. If it had been commissioned and distributed to the German army at the outset of WWII it is widely believed that the outcome of that war would have been considerably different.

Years before any of this, though, even Browning was seemingly alone in noticing that the energy of recoil and gasses escaping the muzzle of a gun could be utilized to cycle the action, thus, giving birth to the semiautomatic revolution of firearms.

Unfortunately, most ignorant politicians are totally blind to the contributions to social and world history that firearms have made and even more ignorant to the fact that most innovations come from individuals in the civilian sect of society.

Reactions: rollin thunder
1 - 12 of 12 Posts