Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
Any link? If it were a Commander in 9mm I could be a player.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Least its not the Bond Arms Bullpup, not something I think is gonna sell.....................

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I'll be watching for one...That's pretty much what I've been looking for - my local pawn shop has an ATI commander size 1911 but they want $450 or so for it.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
I'd sure be in the market for a Taurus Commander in 45acp. I'm sure not getting my hopes up though, just because somebody talked about it, or somebody saw one at a SHOT show. Many a Taurus has been 86'ed after the SHOT show.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I was hoping that they would announce a new PT1911 in 10mm Auto seeing as the cartridge seems to be making a comeback and not that many manufacturers have a 10mm 1911, but no, instead they jump headfirst into yet another saturated market which they cannot hope to make any significant profit.
You'd think that the Judge would have taught Taurus that it's more profitable to release more unique firearms than it is to just do the exact same thing as everyone else, but I suppose that they're afraid to take risks given their current financial situation and aren't confident in their ability to come up with a winner since the Curve kinda flopped.

Ah, but then again, I shouldn't speak too soon... They may be saving more interesting announcements for SHOT Show, such has the rumored Raging Hunter.

·
23,071 Posts
I've been hoping they'd make a Commander! Wonder how customized it will be? Will it really be a PT1911 with a shorter slide, or will they do something a little different?

Nothing about it on the Taurus USA web site yet.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Shoot, we used to talk about an Officer model too ! I got tired of waiting on that and got a Citadel Tactical Officer model. I kinda cooled my heels on a Commander, but I might carry a good Commander more than my Officer model, and I carry that a lot.

·
Banned
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you were gonna build a 45. how about a full size striker fired 12 round gun similar to a 845 or oss. or maybe build the G4 Pt111 with 4" barrel and 15 round capacity and sell it for 249.00.

How about introducing something other than what you have. we dont need another 1911, we dont need another pocket 380, we dont need a convertible revolver.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
How about introducing something other than what you have. we dont need another 1911.
Speak for yourself my friend. I always want another 1911, especially a well built affordable 1911.

We don't need another striker fired gun, in a market flooded with striker fired guns.

What I'd like to see is a DA/SA with de-cocker, hammer fired double stack 45 compact.

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts
I like it, with the exception of those front slide cocking serrations.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts